New People;New Hopes

Roseanna Wren

I stared at the final bucket list, my fingers tracing the words I wrote below it.

'Birdy'

I closed the note bluntly inhaling the cold air controlling the tears that started to swell in my eyes.

No...No...No.....This can't be true. This should've never happened at all.

WHAT THE HELL DID I DO!!!!!!

I looked at the fast endless sea. Unlike it, my life would end soon and I can't let these kind of feelings grow inside of me.

What the heck was I even thinking when I wrote this?

How spineless and pathetic of me!!

I stared at the words for a long time while making up my mind.

My hand pulled out the glue automatically from my backpack to hide what I had done.

Love.......

Love isn't in my fate.

Deep down I know that if I hide it from this page, still I would never be able to hide my feelings from my heart.

Life had other ambitions for me and falling in love wasn't a part of it.

Yet, I desired it the most.

I flipped through the pages of my red memory back that was in my bucket list.

It has 25 bucket lists, I wish to experience before my fatal day arrives.

25 lists as after 6 months I'll turn 25.

And I had to select the most important things to experience within these 6 months that I have never experienced in my whole life.

Till my death.

Until I turn 25.

But there are more chances of me losing my memory before so falling in love was at the last in my list.

I applied the glue at the four corners of the page to hide the page fully, not knowing of a 25th bucket list existing.

His magnificent eyes in which I had fallen deeply,

I know there is no escape from it.....

More than that,

I never wanted to escape.......

But my last few months couldn't be spent completely trapped inside the beautiful mess I've got myself into.

I can't completely erase what I feel, but I can hide it.

Like how, it is neatly hidden in the notebook.

Only if you look closely, two pages can be seen stuck together.
Else, it's just a notebook of 24 bucket lists.

The immense feeling that I should have never felt will be forever kept hidden inside of me.

I closed the note and packed it back in the case before keeping it deep inside my clothes.

I stood packing all my bags as it would take 5 hours to reach the shore of Mendoza city in South America and from there I would begin my solo journey.

*********
I hugged Jackson and Emma tight. Ethan shook my hands and gently hugged me.

"Thanks for being the most amazing people I have ever met." I whispered from my heart.

"What are you going to do now? I know you aren't returning back to Wuhan." Emma asked me raising an eyebrow.