Till fate do us apart

Roseanna Wren

"He divorced me. Because I can't give him what he wants from me...."

"What did he want?" He asked sternly.

"Future, like family... kids..."

"Why..." I took a deep breath, calming myself. 

Should I tell him? What will happen after that?

"Birdy?"

"Because I have been diagnosed with something unacceptable by anyone."

Shit.... I told him.... I told him.... What happens now.... God!!

I kept my eyes outside. so scared to see his reaction...

"Like what?" He asked, his voice stone cold.

I kept quiet; my mouth dried like a desert. 

Just tell him, Rose.... don't make any stories so that he doesn't look at you pity. My brain advised. 

Tell him the truth... let him decide... To stay... or to Run.... Like someone did....

It's not like you two are going to end up crazy in love and who can't live without each other.

Go on Rose.... 

My brain stressed but my heart pulled back. 

Not needed, you are just gonna flirt with each other... why tell him the truth....just leave it as it is... 

Enjoy the moments with him and then leave silently... 

As suggested by the idiot on the top floor, you are not gonna love each other crazy right? Then why bother saying....

"Cancer?" I was jerked by his sudden voice and before I knew I shook my head fast. 

He visibly took a deep relieved breath but had his eyebrows furrowed.... 

Concentrating on the road, a millions of questions running on his mind.

"Stop it..." I said softly.

"Stop what?"

"Don't over think. What ever happened, happened... now it's only the road ahead... We need to go how far this life takes us, happily.... doing what we like.... Being with who we love..." I said aloud saying things to convince myself other than him.

"Are you?" He asked.

"Am I what?" I asked confused.

"Doing what you like and be with who you Love?" His questions made me think,

"I don't know about doing what I like.... But now, I am sure I am with the one I love." I said smiling at him. 

I turned to my left and looked at him not taking my eyes off him.

His strong veiny arms one on the staring and one on the gear... 

His full sleeves navy blue cotton shirt folded, showing off his expensive watch and tattooed forearms.

"I want to get a tattoo too." I said tracing his tattoo's in his right arm.

"Get one then." He advised.

"Thinking what to get. Want to get something meaningful. Not like you, scribbled all over." I pointed out his arms.

"Everything tattooed here has a meaning."

"I see." I said turning to look back at the road, relieved and suspicious why he is nothing but pushing the divorce topic like he usually does.

Afterwards