No accidental meetup among souls

Roseanna Wren

"It's so beautiful up here." I said looking at the great 'Rio De Janeiro' and capturing every single moment in my digicam.

"Indeed it is, the big city looks like a kid's playhouse from here." Amy said as we both chuckled on her comment.

"I wonder why the statue is facing the stairs when it would look so overwhelming if it would have been facing the bridge." I said looking at the Jesus statue.

"That is because the architect wants the Jesus to welcome people with open hands." We turned back as we heard a local person standing while smiling at us.

"It's a religious symbol. Jesus with a welcoming gesture." He spoke.

"Everybody falls into a single religion that's dead once the soul leaves its body. Why bother with a large statue to show something that doesn't even matter." Amy snored while I pressed my palm against her mouth to shut her mouth.

"Excuse me?" The man looked at us shocked.

"Never mind. She is an atheist." I said pulling her out of that place.

"You need to learn to control that mouth of yours. You can't just offend a local like that!" I yelled dragging her with me.

"Like it matters now anyways."

Listening to Amy's experiences in China, the good and the bad had made me more close and attached to her.

She was an amazing companion and a beyond beautiful soul I loved spending my time with.

~~~~~~~~~

I woke up shocked when I heard someone throwing up in the bathroom.

"Amy?" I knocked at the door while she appeared a few minutes later looking pale and stressed.

"Let's visit a doctor, please?" I pleaded while she shook her head stubbornly.

"We need to leave to Salvador tonight."

"And you need rest." I said my eyes stuck on hers.

"I will be fine after taking the pain killers, just give me 30 mins."

~~~~~~~~~

Salvador was another beautiful city with historical basilicas and wondrous buildings where me and Amy spent more time taking each other's photos rather than visiting those churches.

Her energy had been reducing and she was getting pale day by day.

We walked through the city talking about places, laughing at each other's silliness, trying local street snacks and trying to talk in spanish weirdly.

"This is our last day and night in Salvador. Tomorrow we're heading for Manaus." She said as she jumped onto the bed.

"I could have paid for the resort."

"No, take it as a gift from me."

"Why?"

"Look out." She said as I walked towards the large french window to see a white and red tower at the end of the coast.

"Your bucket list's one pie. To spend a night at a lighthouse. I have been here before so I could make an arrangement."

I turned towards her shocked.

"You didn't have to do this." I said as I controlled my emotions.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to. I wanted to give you a gift but I know you wouldn't take any materialistic thing from me, so I thought of helping you by making you complete one of your bucket lists." She shrugged.