Some Little Things

Noah Schnapp

I stopped at each picture mesmerised by its beauty, pureness and the kind message behind it.

The one that specifically caught my attention was the young couple under the umbrella where one arm of the boy was drenched in rain.

There was love, longing, respect shared with each other and it stung my heart a little when it bought memories of Rose.

The heaviness is not because I can't be with her but because she can't live anymore.

If she didn't have the illness at all, that picture would have been our future.

And I can't help being selfish......

If it was real love, then despite her illness I would have gone for her.

But I know how it feels when the person we love leaves us forever, it demolishes them.

I have seen it happening to my own brother. It's the best to avoid her and forget her.

I turned around the corner when a woman in a beautiful contoured white dress caught my eye.

Isn't that Rose?

She never looked nice. 

She looked like an art, and art isn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something....

My heart thudded while looking at her explaining something to the two men around.

My legs rooted at a distance looking at her with delusion worry that she will disappear if I go near her.

She smiled at them and turned, walking towards me and stopped looking at me surprised.

"Noaahh!!!"

I looked at her in disbelief, while she continued.

"Noah, you are here?"

I brought back my composure and smiled slightly at her.

"Hi Roseanne Wren."

"What are you doing here?" She asked smiling brightly.

"The photographer is an old family friend of mine. And I am here to meet my brother and spend some time at my uncle's family here in US."

"Ahh....I see. But it's really surprising to see you here."

"Me too. Business trip?" I asked casually.

"Me? Nah...More like a vacation."

I kept staring at her wanting desperately to know how she is dealing with her situation.

"Who do we have here?" I heard some voices behind us.

Rose turned towards a man whom she addressed as her date for tonight and Leo, her friend.

"Please have fun." I moved away from them.

The more I stay with her; the more I want to be with her.....

Roseanne Wren

I looked at Noah moving away from us looking around the photos but.....

Why does it feel like he is avoiding me?

"So, young lady?" Jack called me as I turned my attention to him letting Noah go.

We looked around the photos and met some people from time to time.

"Go to him." Jack slowly removed my hand from his arm.

"What? Who?"

"To that handsome Asian man at whom you were throwing glances all the time." He said totally catching me red-handed.