𝟐 | 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

song: the weeknd - ordinary life

⋆・𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚・⋆

Aggressive and spiteful words being spat out in a foreign language jolt me ​​awake. My mind snaps to attention, confusion swirling in my head. I live alone in a calm neighborhood. Panic grips me as I hear a forceful punch being delivered into a wall.

There are two possible scenarios: either I've been kidnapped, or someone has broken into my home and caused havoc. I'm leaning towards the former.

Opening my eyes, I'm greeted by a dark, opulent interior. I cautiously survey the surroundings. I'm lying on a king-sized bed in my clothes from last night, my shoes neatly placed beside it. As I rise, memories flood back – a cold, arrogant man, his unpleasant demeanor, and lastly, his car.

I smack my forehead as realization dawns – he brought me to his place, or at least that's what I'm assuming. Considering I don't know his name, this could technically be considered kidnapping, right? As I attempt to put on my boots, I trip and end up banging my head on a glass nightstand.

"Fuck!" I curse, grimacing in pain. I'm only sitting on the floor for a moment when the bedroom door swings open, and a tall man enters.

"Oh, shit, are you alright?" He asks, concern etched on his face. But as I observe him, I realize he doesn't have dark hair like the man from yesterday. His eyes aren't black either.

"Oh great, so I indeed have been kidnapped." I mutter to myself, pressing my palm to my throbbing head. The brunette man looks at me with a mixture of confusion and slight annoyance.

"...Kidnapped?" he asks incredulously, extending his hand to help me up from the floor. "I can assure you, you're safe in your man's home." He chuckles lightly.

"My man's home?" I question, wincing as I move my head.

Silence fills the room and we lock eyes. He seems devoid of thoughts, while my mind is racing with a thousand questions. Perhaps even a million.

"Are you not Dante's fiancée?" He prompts. "Adelina?" His voice grows confused.

"Who the actual fuck is Dante? And who are you?" I snap defensively as I finally grasp his hand and stand up straight.

Once again, we stare at each other without making a sound. My attention then shifts to another man entering the room, a much more familiar figure. Black-brown hair, broad shoulders, ink covering his strong arms. His gaze lands on me, then on the hand pressed to my head, before scanning the other man by my side.

"Dean, what did you do to her?" the newcomer asks in a stern tone.

"Boss, I swear she hurt herself, I was only trying to help," Dean replies earnestly. Boss? Who the hell are these men? Dean moves to inspect my head, but I stop him.

"I'm fine, please don't touch me," I say, stepping away.

"We are done for the day Dean, please see yourself out." The so-called boss speaks up. The other one nods and heads out in two long strides. His focus falls on me again and he slowly steps closer with his hands in his pockets. "Let me see." He speaks and I don't know whether I should slap him or let him take a look.

Deciding, I turn around, facing the gray wall and I feel him approach me from behind. My skin feels like it is on fire when his masculine hand touches my much smaller arm. I drop my arm and he moves my hair out of the way. His touch is rough, yet gentle.

"You're bleeding, but nothing too bad." He tells me and my eyes grow wide. Bleeding? As tough as I may present myself, blood gives me the chills. I cannot look at it, let alone feel it on my own body. I shiver as his finger touches the painful spot on my head. "Wait here." Is all he says before heading out of the room and once again, I'm left alone in a stranger's bedroom.