𝟔 | 𝐀 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝

song: ariana grande - bad decisions

⋆・𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚・⋆

The more I think, the more I realize what kind of shit I've gotten myself into. I mean use your fucking brain for once Gianna, I mumble to myself.

I think being stabbed in the back by my ex-boyfriend caused my sanity to leave my mind.

Under the pressure of my father, I signed a marriage contract as if it was a random college essay that didn't have an impact on my life. When my father mentioned a bachelor, my mind imagined a charming man with a British accent, not a man with a stick up his ass. As though I was told the man I may marry will spoil me and love me, I think I came to a conclusion I won't get either of those things. Dante may have showered me in money and attention, due to his expensive lap dance bargain or the limited Birkin bag, but that doesn't mean he will ever do it again.

To be frank, I don't expect anything from him. While it's nice to have some spare finances and I acted all bratty while sitting on his lap, does not mean I would ever expect money from a man like him. When I told him I wanted to keep working for my own money, for a second, he looked at me like I was some sort of a lunatic.

I love myself a wealthy man, but this man quite literally owns a penthouse and a nightclub, if not multiple. Whenever I see rich people with luxuries like that, I think of shady side business - it's how my mind works. And this time I' m also sure this money didn't just come from hitting a jackpot - especially if his father is in contact with mine. But I decide to force bad thoughts away for now, as I'm sure he's just an arrogant tech businessman like all others. Fuck those tech guys.

I decide to focus on another topic. Love. I stopped believing in it when I caught the two people, I trusted the most, together in a bed I also slept in. Being single didn't bother me because that meant I got to turn my mind off, but not anymore. Now, I'm tied to a man from who I won't receive attention nor pleasure, but it's not like I'd want it from him anyway. He can go fuck himself if he wants to. But there is only so much a woman with fantasies like mine can do.

And going to the dinner with him and setting our own terms, I didn't have high expectations. To be left alone in a restaurant in the middle of Manhattan is one thing, but to turn around and find a velvet box lying on a small table, without knowing what's inside it, is another.

Now, as I glance at the small black box resting on my bedroom drawer, a wave of conflicting emotions washes over me. Part of me is hesitant, unsure of what to expect from Dante's unexpected gesture, but another one knows what's in it very well. I almost want to ignore it, but I know I shouldn't, so I grab it.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I hold the velvet case in my hands, its weight heavy with significance. With unease, I carefully lift the lid, revealing the contents within. Inside, nestled in plush velvet, lies an engagement ring, its pink diamond catching the soft light of my bedroom.

For a moment, I simply stare at the ring, my mind racing with negative emotions. A ring should represent admiration, compassion, but most importantly, love. Knowing this ring doesn't carry any of that, feels odd and empty. With a long breath, I take the ring out of the plush and slide it on. The gold band wraps around my finger perfectly and the crystal blinds my eyes. I observe the ring and I know this cost a fortune. However, it doesn't matter - this ring is only on my hand for decor and nothing else.

My phone buzzes and it forces me out of my thoughts. Lifting it up, I see it's a message from "My wallet", who happens to be my fiancé or whatever we are supposed to be. He forced me to exchange numbers yesterday and now I'm tapping open his message.