𝟕 | 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐫

song: royal deluxe - bad

⋆・𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚・⋆

Three sharp knocks echo through my balcony window, jolting me into an instant state of alertness. Who in their right mind knocks on windows, especially so high up?

Annoyance flares within me as I approach the sliding door, my mind racing through a list of possible pranks kids these days might be pulling. With cautious steps, I unlock the door and crack it open, half-expecting to find a grinning face or a clown of some sort. But instead, my eyes are met with an unexpected sight - a pristine Chanel shopping bag sitting innocently on the balcony floor next to the fire escape. The irritation bubbling inside me transforms into confusion and suspicion. What kind of twisted prank is this?

With a feeling of apprehension, I retrieve the bag and bring it inside. Placing it on the counter, I notice an envelope tucked neatly within. My hands shake slightly as I tear it open, revealing a mysterious message scrawled inside. "Romano has a new girl? Why don't you wear this at Lux your next shift?" it reads, signed off with the enigmatic phrase, "Your new secret admirer."

Confusion swirls through my mind. What the fuck is this? And how does this person know about my engagement? My gaze drifts to the contents of the bag, and I carefully extract a mini pink dress adorned with rhinestones at the bust, complete with the unmistakable Chanel logo. It's undoubtedly expensive, but really not my style.

Despite my better judgment, I can't shake the feeling that Dante might have business partners who are assholes and are trying to get to him through me. Reluctantly, I reach for my phone, contemplating whether or not to reach out to him for answers. Sending him a message feels like admitting defeat, like conceding that I'm vulnerable enough to need his help. But as I glance at the bag lying innocently on the counter, the weight of uncertainty pushes me to break my silence.

Me: Someone sent me a dress with a note. *Photo attachment*

My phone goes silent, and I wait, my irritation growing with each passing second. Finally, a response.

My wallet: Take a picture of the bust for me.

Confused by his strange request, I comply, snapping a quick photo and sending it his way. Another agonizing pause follows before his reply arrives.

My wallet: That's a camera, Gianna. Throw it out immediately.

I gasp and observe the bust of the dress again and that's when I see it. Among all rhinestones, there is a bigger one with a red shimmer inside of it. I stand back and throw a kitchen cloth over it.

Who would do this? And why? As I turn to retreat to the safety of my bedroom, a new sound shatters the silence - a knock on my door, sharp and unexpected. With trembling hands, I grab the nearest weapon, a kitchen knife, bracing myself for whoever awaits on the other side.

My breath catches in my throat as I approach the door, my grip tightening on the knife handle. I pause, listening intently for any sound from the other side. Another knock echoes through the apartment, sending a shiver down my spine. With a silent prayer, I muster my courage and slowly turn the doorknob.

Peering cautiously into the hallway, I find no one there. Just an empty corridor bathed in the soft glow of the hallway light. My heart pounds in my chest as I step forward, the knife held defensively in front of me.

With mounting frustration, I slam the door shut, the sound reverberating through the apartment. Another knock follows, insistent and relentless. Anger surges through me, replacing fear with a steely resolve. Gripping the knife tightly, I swing the door open, ready to confront whoever dares to disturb me.