♡25♡

Dave carried Kurt bridal style to the bedroom. He placed Kurt inside the bed.

Making Kurt smile and giggle. His blue eyes watching as Dave went over and closed the door.

"C'mere, Davey." Kurt muttered. Dave smiled once he heard the nickname. He went over and crawled into the bed.

Dave sighed. Wrapping his arms around Kurt as the blanket is draped over the two.

Kurt laid his head onto Dave's chest. Listening to the drummers heart beat. It lulled Kurt into relaxation.

"Your heartbeat sounds a drum." Kurt mumbled sleepily. Tapping his fingers onto Dave's chest, trying to mimic the sound.

Dave chuckled softly. "Well, it kinda is if you think about it. It's a drum to keep you alive. It's beating softly against your ribcage, creating the soft sound of life."

Kurt lifts his head at this. He blinked a few times. "Woah.. that's deep." Dave broke into a small fit of laughter.

"I tried-"

"No, it's actually interesting to think about." Kurt replied. His head laying back down into Dave's chest.

Kurt says,

"–It's like your body is a musical instrument. All your organs and such are just functioning to the sounds of your body. Making it react in a way..? Of a melody, perhaps. And so the heartbeat of the drum is mainly the guide to provide the rest of the music inside you to continue the lifelong song before it turns off into an ending."

Dave felt touched once he heard those words. Fuck, that's deep. He thought as he admired Kurt's face.

"Yeah, I think so too. That's actually.. amazing to think about." Dave replied as he kissed Kurt's cheek. Resulting in a timid smile rising across the blond's face.

Kurt giggled sleepily. His head laying down on Dave's chest. Listening to the heart beat again.

"Yours is so relaxed right now.." Kurt mumbled. Dave yawned. "Maybe it's because we are tired, honey."

"Yeah.. it's been a long day, or..two. hasn't it?" Kurt responded. Giggling sleepily. "I feel much better in a bed than the hard ground in Aberdeen.."

Dave kissed Kurt's forehead. "never, ever leave me like that again, okay?"

Kurt sleepily nods his head. "Mm.. sorry." He mumbled in such a tired voice.

"No, babe. I'm not mad at you." Dave reassured. Kissing Kurt's cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." Kurt responded. Closing his eyes.

Dave held Kurt close.

"Never go Missing."

"Never again."

the end.