The Dance of Love and Loss....

Roseanna Wren

I smiled and looked at Noah who had his eyes on me gauging my reaction while Asher's was shock stricken.

"No, I am not his wife anymore. We broke up." I said bounded by the silence.

"I am so sorry to hear that." She replied really sorry while I smiled at her shaking my head.

"It was a better decision. For the future of him and me." I said noticing Noah hanging on each of my word.

"How long it has been? Since the divorce?" Mia asked again wanting to know the full story.

"2 months."

"Is that why you are on a vacation?"

"You are right, I needed some time for myself."

"Do you still love him?" I took a deep breath wondering myself about the answer to that question.

"No, I don't love him. We were comrades, decided to take whatever life threw towards us together. But things never worked out..."

"But you married because you two fell in love with each other, right?" Mia asked again her curiosity returning back in full force.

"Hmm, to be honest... No. We did not fall in love. Like I said we considered ourselves as good comrades...Thank you for your consideration, but I am perfectly fine... And he is an amazing Man, I wish he gets what he is deserves."

"He lost a beautiful blessing." Noah said while continuing to eat his food, trying to bring the environment back to normal.

I smiled at Noah, my heart warming at his response, but no... with the disease I have...

I am never a blessing in his life.

"No, Noahhh... I am not a blessing to anyone's life." Noah looked at me empathically while I smiled at everyone.

"It's nothing guys, I am over him long back..."

"Still, it is not easy..." My manager looked at me truly sorry.

"It was not easy... but I think it freed me. All this time my marriage was only holding me in its shackles. I was never truly me and free."

"It taught me a very valuable lesson. It taught me life... and it taught me love." I smiled looking at Asher for a longest moment and looked back at my plate.

"Life?" My manager questioned.

"Like nothing is permanent in life... your money, your car, your house, oh yes... your husband... And how small life is to waste by trying to hold on to something that was never truly mine. And how we just have to ride and enjoy the moment we have now. I saved a heck lot of money for the future."

"And when life crashed something unacceptable at me... When all those money I saved can never help me... That's when I truly understood the essence of life... and yeah... everything turned out for better."

"So, I am fine and happy that it happened. You all don't have to look sorry." I slowly looked at Asher who had his eye brows furrowed looking at me. 

I gave him a reassuring smile and continued with the food while after that no one spoke.

Asher Blake

My heart was heavy and mind chaotic. 

I was distracted... still I had to finish this photo shoot. 

I was waiting for Birdy to change and set up the new location, while the event manager was looking through the photos shot today.

"I am really satisfied with the photos Mr. Blake. But I see something more than photographs here."