A Love Stronger than Destiny's Cruelty

Roseanne Wren

"I am here, to take something that belongs to me."

I looked at him shocked and then confused. The way he looked at the ring.

Oh God! If he is here to take the ring!

No, I can't let him have it. I brought my hand under the table and looked at his straight cold eyes.

"I don't have anything that belongs to you with me."

"Oh you have and it's something very priceless." He said keeping his hand above the table.

I tightened the ring under the table finding some ways to counter attack him.

No way I am giving the ring back.

"See, the Ring was something you gave me as a gift. I think its petty to ask the gifts back."

"If asking a given gift back is called Petty. Then what do we call a person who stabs at people's back?" A chill ran down my spine and tears were threatening to form.

"What happened? What backstabbing?" I said, my voice too weak.

He raised his one eyebrow leaning his head to the opposite side.

"Then what do you call a person who uses others just for their needs?"

"I did not use you!" I panted, unable to take in his words.

"Your last letter didn't mean that way, betrayer."

"Asher, you are hurting me with your words."

"It is not fun getting back, isn't it? What do you think I would have felt when I saw your little letter?" I closed my eyes not able to take his harsh words.

"I had my reasons." I spit out.

"Ahh! You just used me." I opened my eyes shocked and panic hit...

"No..."

"Then what was that night...Miss Roseanne Wren?"

"Where we stripped down naked, not only clothes but all the barriers we put ourselves through."

"Melted and drowned beautiful in each other's arms."

"Where our names became our prayers when we reached our high."

"Where you promised you would belong to me." My heart raced as he kept talking.

His each words slashed my heart as a sword.

"Th-That was just a one night stand..."

Asher flashed his eyes furious and fisted his hands on table and closed his eyes taking a deep breath...

I gulped hard, my heart aching looking at his suffering.

I am so sorry Asherrrr I need to do this.

He slowly opened his cold eyes, now red with anger.

"What did you just say?" I remained silent.

I pushed him too far.

It's better to leave without giving him answer.

I was able to leave once, I can do it again. I might be a coward.

Yes, I have broken his trust, respect and heart. But he had never lived in my shoe.

He doesn't know how it is to live your everyday life knowing your death day.

Compared to whatever I am going through now, he will get over this heartbreak sooner.