The Aftermath of Silence

Redson x Samadhi holder!Reader (She/Her)
Request by

As the sun sets in the horizon, Y/N sat near a lake as they tried to take control of the Samadhi Fire. Sun Wukong had lied to everyone, and on the journey that MK and Co. went on, Y/N had noticed Wukong's behaviour everytime he said "The three Samadhi Rings". She knew something was up, but she didn't press Wukong on it because she figured that Wukong would be honest before something bad happened. But he didn't untill the incident at the temple where the Samadhi fire was reunited inside of her.

"Why didn't I say anything soon?!" She yelled, her frustration boiling over in her head. She was angry with herself, with her silence.

"Why didn't I press Wukong on what he was saying!? I should have said something sooner, Then maybe this wouldn't have happened how it did!" She started to spark with small bursts of fire on her arms and legs.

"Maybe there would have been a way to come up with a better plan than what Monkie Kid was thinking! Because now, I have power I can't control, and now I can hurt my loved ones. I don't want to hurt my loved ones again!!" The sparks soon flare up into flames, and the Samadhi fire engulfs her again. She was crying again, the burning rage in her head making the Samadhi fire bigger as it seeps out.

"Y/N!!"

Someone hugs her from behind, squeezing her tightly to help calm her. The Samadhi fire dissipates as soon as she felt the person squeeze her, and she turned her head to see Redson.

"Red?! No, Let me go! I don't want to hurt you to!" She stated, trying to get out of his embrace.

"No. I'm not leaving you Firefly. You're not dealing with this alone." Redson retorted, sounding as gently as possible. He knew his loved one was hurting, and he wasn't going to let her suffer any longer.

"Take some deep breathes for me, okay Love? Deep breathes." Redson instructed. Y/N listened and she started to take slow and deep breathes. She calmed down her angry, and she went to grab one of Redson's hand, and in turn Redson interlocked their fingers.

"I.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to." Y/N mumbled, tears still falling down.

"You don't need to apologize for your feeling Love." Redson replied, pulling her a bit closer and then picking her up bridle style.

"I'm sorry for not saying something earlier. If I did say something.. maybe I wouldn't have had hurt MK when he went to help me. I should've said something about Wukong's behaviour." She explains. The information made Redson shooked.

"Hey, You couldn't have known that what happened would happen. You had good intentions with your silence, I know you did. So no more apologies, okay? Just keep taking deep breathes." Redson stated, holding her hand again, interlocking their fingers, as he sat down on the burned ground.

"None of this is your fault." Redson whispered.

Y/N cried into Redson's shoulder, and Redson held Y/N close. Eventually her tears slowed and stopped, and she completely calmed down as she takes one more clear, slow, and deep breathe.

"Thank you." Y/N mumbled, her voice sounding dry and course.

"You're welcome love, now, how about we get you something to drink, okay? And I can help with that Samadhi fire to if you want. You seem like you could use some fire training." Redson stated, helping Y/N stand up as he stood up.

"Mhm. Yeah, I'd love that. Thank you." Y/N replied.

Redson smiled, wraping his coat around her and holding her hand once more, interlocking their finger again. The two started to walk away from the lake, Redson said one more thing as they did so.

"You need some rest before we start that training. You really need it."