9. Sharing the struggle

A/N: I am back, this took so long to write.

Max and Prince Charles found their way into a deserted alleyway, where they huddled together behind a pile of trash cans. Max's leg was hurting more than ever, but he didn't want to show any weakness in front of the Prince. He tried to keep a straight face and hide his pain.

Prince Charles, however, had noticed how Max was limping and struggling to move. He grew concerned about his well-being and wanted to check on him.

"Max, are you okay?" Prince Charles asked, looking up at him with concern in his eyes.

Max nodded, trying not to wince as a sharp pain shot up his leg. "Yeah, I'm fine," he said, his voice strained. "Just a little sore."

Prince Charles didn't look convinced, and he gently reached out to try and pull Max's pant leg up to have a look at his injury. Max swatted his hand away, hissing in pain.

"It's fine, Prince Charles," Max said sternly. "Just focus on staying safe. We need to keep moving and find a way out of here."

Prince Charles nodded, but he couldn't help but worry about Max. He knew that he needed medical attention, but they couldn't risk drawing attention to themselves by seeking out a hospital or clinic.

As they started to make their way out of the alleyway, Max struggled to keep up with Prince Charles' pace. He could feel his leg throbbing with pain, and he knew that he couldn't keep it up for much longer. They had to find a safe place to rest and regroup before they could continue their journey.

"Let's get something to eat." Max said, pointing at the store. " I am sure you are hungry."

" I am really hungry." Charles answered.

While only beeing kidnapped for one day, he still didn't get any food. He had been hungry for a long time.

" Okay, you stay back here and hide. Dont let yourself get caught." Max pressed Charles behind a wall. " I will get some food."

" Okay." Charles said, sitting Down.

Max walked away towards the store. He looked around to make sure that no one followed him and entered it.

He looked for some bread and water and payed for it. Walking back he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching him.

He looked around once again and say no one. He resured himself that it was just a feeling and walked towards the prince.

" Here, I hope you like sandwiches." Max gave the prince a ham and cheese sandwiche and a bottle of water.

"Thank you." Charles said. He quickly took a bite from the sandwiche, which tasted a lot better then it probaly was. But he hadnt had food in a day and he wasn't going to complain.

When they finished their food, they continued walking, hoping they would find a place to stay before it got to dark.

Max continued limping behind Charles, trying to keep up with him while also trying to ignore the pain in his leg. After a few minutes of walking, he spotted a shabby-looking hotel in a dark alley.

"Hey, let's check that hotel," Max said, pointing at the building.

Prince Charles looked at the hotel and then back at Max, unsure about the safety and hygiene of the place. But he knew they weren't in a position to be too picky. They needed a place to rest and hide, and this hotel seemed to be the only option they had.

"Alright, let's go," Prince Charles said, leading the way.

They made their way inside, and Max paid for a cheap room on the third floor of the hotel.

As Max got the key, they walked upstairs to the room.

Max and Charles entered the small hotel room, which, had only one bed. Max looked around the room, trying to come up with a solution to their problem.

"Here, Charles, you can take the bed, and I'll sleep on the floor," Max offered, gesturing towards the small and dirty floor space.

Prince Charles looked at Max and shook his head, "No Max, we will share the bed. I will not let you sleep on the floor."

" I am not going to sleep in the bed, my Prince. It is hardly big enough for 1 person." Max said. " Don't worry, I slept on worse when I was in the army."

" Well, as your prince I demand you to go lay in the bed." Charles half smirked. " I will not let you sleep on this dirty floor."

Max hesitated for a moment, but then he reluctantly nodded and got into bed, trying not to touch Prince Charles. However, the bed was so small that they ended up brushing against each other accidentally.

"Max, relax, we're just sharing the bed," Charles reassured him, trying to make him feel more at ease.

But Max was tense and uncomfortable, feeling like he was imposing on Prince Charles.

"Are you sure about this, Prince Charles?" Max asked, still unsure about the arrangement.

"Yes, I am sure," Prince Charles replied, placing a hand on Max's shoulder. "We're in this together, and we need to look out for each other."

After a few more minutes of protesting, Max finally gave in and closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep. Charles also turned off the lights and closed his eyes, but he kept a watchful eye on Max, making sure he was okay.

Not a lot later, Max had opened his eyes. His leg was throbbing with pain, and he knew that he needed to tend to it soon.

"Prince Charles, we need to find a way to treat my leg," Max said, wincing as he tried to stretch it out.

Charles opened his eyes and looked at his bodyguard. "I'll look for something in the bathroom," Charles said, rummaging through the drawers.

He eventually found a first aid kit and brought it over to Max's side. Max reluctantly allowed  Charles to tend to his wound, and he tried not to flinch as the Prince cleaned and bandaged it up.

"I am sorry." Charles said.

He hated that Max was hurt because of him. He was in pain because he had to get himself kidnapped.

"Don't be." Max said. " This is not your fault."

Afterwards, Max had taken of his blouse and pants putting them in a bucket of water before hanging them up to dry.

He leaned back on the bed, feeling exhausted and defeated. He wasn't sure if they'd be able to make it out of this alive.

Charles had to keep himself from staring at his bodyguards naked chest and mostly his legs. He blushed while quickly stopping with looking. Oh his legs.

He sat next to him, offering him a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Max. We'll find a way out of this," he said, his voice filled with resolve.

Max looked up at him, grateful for his words of encouragement. Maybe they would make it out alive after all. They just had to keep moving forward and stay one step ahead of their enemies.

As the both layed back into the bed, they touched again. He shiver went down Charles's body and he couldnt understand why.

Max on the other hand had already closed his eyes, falling back to sleep.

Although they were just two strangers thrown into a difficult situation, Max and Charles found themselves drawing closer together in their struggle for survival.