Chapter 16

It was early next morning when there was an attack.

"Everyone, UP!  There's an attack," someone shouted.  Azrael put on his battle outfit and his mask, then he went out.  He saw Dominic in the front lines.

"I suggest you retreat, we are very powerful," Dominic said smugly.  Azrael shook his head.

The monsters tilted their head in a mocking manner, suggestively laughing at them.  Dominic, probably not liking them, said, "Charge!"  Everyone did, except himself.  He stayed behind in the crowd of healers, probably hiding cowardly.

The monsters seem powerful and lots of demigods are getting injured.  Azrael decided it is time for him to join in. 

The demigods froze a bit when they felt a powerful aura within them.  After realising it is Azrael, they continued.  Azrael used his light to disintegrate the monsters, while at the same time using his weapons.

Finally, all the monsters were dealt with, Azrael stormed over to where Dominic was.

"WHERE WERE YOU?" Azrael yelled.  He was glowing.  The Olympians decided, right now, to flash down there, make sure that Azrael doesn't harm him.

"I was here, at the healer's camp," Dominic replied.

"Azrael-" Athena yelled.

"Why?  Did you help them? Hm?  You were the one who insulted the monsters, the one who suggested attacking first," Azrael said coldly, ignoring Athena.

"Well, you are here," Dominic replied nonchalantly.

"Me?  I'm just a freak like you said," Azrael scoffed.

"Maybe you are!  Why are you hiding behind the mask like this?  Huh?  Are you too ugly?" Dominic yelled.

"You wanna know why?!" Azrael shouted.  The campers watched as the argument intensified.

"Yeah!" Dominic yelled.

Azrael ripped his mask off.  Everyone gasped, you could see his dull and pale sea-green eye, nonetheless, you can still make out he was Percy Jackson, "This mask.  This mask was used to hide the pain I don't want anyone to see."  Even Dominic looked surprised.

"Son-" Poseidon tried.

"I AM NOT YOUR SON.  YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DISOWNED ME WHEN I DID NOTHING WRONG.  AND YOU!" Azrael turned to Zeus and pointed at him, "YOU KILLED MY FAMILY!  I WANTED NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH YOU OLYMPIANS, BUT I COULDN'T LET ANYONE DIE.  MY LOYALTY STILL LIES WITHIN YOU."

"We are really really sorry," Poseidon said with a sombre face.

"SORRY?  You tell me sorry now?  They are DEAD.  D-E-A-D, Dead," Percy laughed bitterly.

"We could bring them back," Zeus suggested.

"Could you actually?  Do you know how much I have been through.  Watching Zoe Nightshade whom I befriended only one week before her death, died.  Charles Beckendorf and Silena.  Bianca, Luke,  Ethan.  The list goes on.  That wasn't the worst.  Are the deaths done yet?  NO!  You had to kill my family.  My seven years old sister.  All of you just stood by and watch as they died.  So can you actually bring all of them back?  No, because of your stupid laws.  Maybe if you paid attention to us more, none of this would actually happen," Percy yelled.

Hermes was about to say something, but Percy continued, "I don't even know why I'm still helping you.  Maybe my pity and loyalness, but let me tell you.  You deserve none, NONE of my pity and loyalty.  After this, I can promise you something, I will not live!  I am not going to be your pawn.  Ajax, Sophie, Theo, Mattheo and Aviana, they are under my protection.  Don't you dare do anything to them.  As for my stupid half-brother Dominic.  Do whatever you want with him, I could care less," Percy said.

"What do you mean?" Dominic yelled.

"I meant, I could care less if you die," Percy replied coldly.

"Maybe you should die," Dominic retorted.

"I will.  But you should be careful with your mouth.  Wise words flow from my mouth, just like how stupidity came out of yours," Percy replied.

"I hate you!" Dominic said.

"I hate you too," Percy replied.

"I had to watch deaths too," Dominic tried.

"Really?  Entertain me," Percy said, crossing his arms.

"I had to watch an Atlantean guard die in front of me," Dominic said.

"Because you were the one holding the gun," Percy replied.  He went marching over to the small hill.  Everyone looked to find their enemies over there.

"Why don't you all sit back, I'll deal with this," Percy said, smirking, pretending nothing happened.  He summoned couches for them to sit.

"Lady Nyx.  What a pleasure," Percy said dripping with sarcasm.

"Good to meet you too, Perseus Jackson," Nyx smiled back, but with evil.

"Why don't I deal with the dogs behind you first?  This battle will be me against you all.  So, sit back and enjoy," Percy said, smiling eerily.

"You can't do that!" Poseidon yelled.

"Oh, but I can," Percy replied.  Nyx went over to a small grassy area and sat back.

"Well, who's first?" Percy asked.  Porphyrion, Orion and Polybotes came up.

"Looks like we meet again, Jackson," Polybotes said.

"I was sure as hell I made you die back there.  Oh well, more fun I guess," Percy shrugged.

"You'll never win Jackson.  And when we do, I'll make sure those lovely goddess are ours," Orion said, licking his lips.

"Ugh, enough with the possesiveness.  In fact, I have a short poem dedicated to you giants," Percy said in a bored tone.  They started attacking each other but maintained a casual talk, Nyx was watching this with amusement beside the Titans.  Percy swung his sword causing a slash to appear on three of the giants.

"Let us hear," Orion replied.

"You asked for it.  These giants are not only big, but they are also filthy pigs," Percy said grinning.  Porphyrion slashed at him angrily, also being reckless.  Percy side-stepped and Porphyrion fell.

"You've been quiet Porphyrion.  Are you sick?" Percy taunted.

"No, I'm focusing on killing you," Porphyrion gritted his teeth, also trying to get up.  But Percy was stabbing into his knee caps, making him grunt in pain.  Seeing the chance, Percy cut off his head.

"Perhaps you have trouble focusing?  Just like me, I have ADHD," Percy smirked at the dead giant, now disintegrating.

He turned back to catch an arrow fired by Orion, and block an attack issued by Polybotes, "Orion, are you sure you are good at archery?" Percy asked with an innocent face.  Polybotes and Orion charged together, and Percy smiled.

He took out his other sword and stabbed both of the giants in the heart with Hurricane.  He pulled it out and both of them drop dead, not before Polybotes made a slash on his stomach, Percy yelped.

"Well, who's next?" Percy asked, looking at Nyx.  All the campers and Olympians looked at him in awe.

Then, Hyperion and Oceanus came up.  "Our turn, punk," Hyperion said.

"Geez, don't talk like that.  You are sounding like Ares, and I hate him," Percy said, not caring if Ares seem offended.  The titans didn't respond, they started attacking him immediately.