Chapter 31

"I am Azrael Moonshade, son of Thanatos, adopted son of Alex Moonshade. Retriever of Zeus' bolt, Hades' helmet of fear, slayer of Gaea and Kronos. Bane of giants, Olympus. Hero of Olympus, wielder of Excalibur," Azrael said, holding up his sword, Excalibur.

"You are just a distraction," Erebus said dismissively.

"A big distraction," Azrael corrected him. He formed a big bubble around them, preventing anyone from interfering.

"Azrael!" Zoe screamed. Azrael did not respond, only focusing on the enemy before him.

"Let's see what you can do," Erebus grinned. They charged at each other without second thought. Their swords clashed together, igniting sparks.

They both fought relentlessly, when it was getting dark, Erebus gained the upper hand, with shadows supporting him.

"Not so strong now, pretty boy?" Erebus smirked.

"Oh, I'm just getting started," Azrael grinned as he gained strength from the shadows.

They both charged at each other again. Azrael ducked underneath Erebus' sword and tried to hack his kneecaps. Erebus predicted this and lowered his sword just in time to block the strikes.

After a while, Azrael started to get tired, "You getting tired now? I was just warmed up," Erebus smiled. He suddenly took a wooden staff and hooked Azrael's feet, making him fall backwards. Erebus put his sword under Azrael's chin.

"You've lost," Erebus grinned.

Suddenly, all the bodies from the battle scene glimmered and disappeared. Azrael's panting slowed to steady breaths.

Azrael kicked Erebus' knees by the side, making him drop down on one knee. "My turn," Azrael grinned. He went for Erebus' head, making Erebus raise his sword to block the blow, then, Azrael kicked his stomach, making Erebus double over in pain.

Within no time, Azrael had his sword under Erebus' chin. "My, my. How the tables have turned," Azrael smirked.

Erebus gulped, not trusting his mouth. In front of him was a merciless monster, able to kill him with one swing of his sword.

"Azrael!" a sweet voice yelled from among the shadows. A young lady emerged from them. Revealed to be Nyx.

"Let me take him, I'll make sure he won't cause trouble for you anymore," Nyx said, holding Erebus' hand tightly.

"No, no. Not to me, to the Olympians," Azrael laughed bitterly.

"Of course," Nyx said, she dipped her head a bit, signalling her respect yet also retaining her authority.

Zeus nodded curtly and Nyx and Erebus disappeared gradually.

They turned back to see Azrael kneeling on the grass, panting heavily.

"Azrael," Zoe yelled, rushing to her brother in the current life.

"Zoe, smile for me," Azrael said, smiling faintly. He had cuts from his battle with Erebus, some of them were too deep to heal immediately.

Zoe forced a watery smile, "What do you mean?"

"My last mission is over," Azrael said, he used Excalibur and cut a slit on his throat, ending his life immediatelty.

"No, no, no, no," Zoe muttered quietly. She tried to find his pulse only to find nothing except for a body gradually turning cold.

In his hands, Zoe found a ring and a box similar to what Azrael had before.