Chapter 27

"What do you mean you've been suspended?!" Zoe yelled.

"Zoe, I'm sorry, but history is a difficult subject," Azrael said, sitting on the couch.

"This isn't the first time already," Zoe yelled.

"I know," Azrael said tiredly.

"Then why can't you be a better person?!" Zoe yelled.

"I'm sorry, what's the big deal?" Azrael asked.

"You shouldn't take things for granted, you might've been poor when you were borned. Dad adopted you, our family wealthy, but nothing comes without hard work. If you can't finish such a simple task, then maybe you are not going to have a future," Zoe sighed, she closed her eyes.

"History isn't even important," Azrael replied.

"It is, it is basic information. Is there anymore things you want to tell me?" Zoe asked.

"What time is it?-Oh my, I forgot to pick up Estella," Azrael exclaimed.

"What were you thinking!" Zoe yelled, she took her purse and rushed to Estella's school and picked her.

"I'm very very sorry, Estella," Azrael apologised.

"It's ok big brother," Estella patted him on the back. Zoe glared at Azrael, narrowing her eyes.

Azrael sighed, he cannot do this anymore, he decided to call Hestia and maybe have a short therapy session.

He IMed Hestia just in time to hear Zeus say, "-Ajax and his friends are kidnapped." Azrael was about to say something, but after he heard it, he froze. He swiped his hands through the message and went to his room.

He summoned his chiton, wearing a hoodie over it and put his wreath on his head (Still has the power from Lilith), sheathed his sword, strapped his belt containing hunting knives, ambrosia, slung his bow onto his back. He pulled down his hoodie, covering his eyes and went outside into a secluded place.

He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths, expanding his senses, trying to locate the kids. His hand automatically drifted to his pocket, feeling the familiar weight.

(So basically, Zeus made them partially immortal since they are under the protection of Azraael/Percy. Annabeth and Dominic are being kept on Olympus as prisoners, the original cabin counsellors were made immortal)

A cave near Long Island, he opened his wings and flew there. "This is perfect," he heard a cyclope said in a gruff voice.

"Yessss, Olympusss mossst prized demigodssss," he heard an empousai hissed. Azrael peeked inside, saw the five teenagers chained to the wall, they seemed sleep deprived, apart from a few cuts, they seemed to be in perfect condition. About two dozens monsters in there.

He took out his bow and aimed three arrows, one at an empousai, two at one cyclope.

Three

Two

One

Thwang-, the arrow whized and hit them square in the heart, they dropped dead. All the monsters turned to his direction, he leapt into action. With such speed and ferocity, he flung his hunting knives at them and killed them. His other hand unsheath his sword and decapitated empousais.

He ducked, sliced, stabbed and threw balls of light at them, finally, the last one was dead. The five kids looked up at him, their face litting up.

"Az!" they yelled happily.

"Hello, how are you?" Azrael said.

"Well, what do you think?" Mattheo joked.

"Alright, let me free you," he used his sword and sliced the chains, the chains smoked.

"Come on, let's go back to Camp together," Aviana held out her hand.

"I'm afraid I can't. But hopefully I'll see you soon," Azrael said, he turned towards the exit, "Please be safe."