Mornings Can Be Rough

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Henry yelled happily as he jumped up and down on Regina's bed as she was buried beneath the covers.

Grumbling something about children and being fed to the Blind Witch, she finally peeked out from under the covers and quirked a brow at Henry.

Immediately he stopped, knowing what that facial expression meant, "What have I told you about jumping on furniture?" Even early in the mornings she could manage to have that strict tone, filling her son with guilt for disobeying.

"Not to..." He tried to look as innocent as possible only for Cora's snoring, from her bed across the room, to break his attention away.

When his head turned to look at his grandmother, Regina took the opportunity to grab him, quick like a viper, and pull him beneath the mountain of warmth to lay next to her. Squealing at first, Henry giggled when he felt her swaddle him in that familiar embrace, instinctively cuddling up to his mother as he looked at her face, chocolate-colored eyes staring into a similar pair.

"Now why are you up so early and jumping in my bed?" Her tone had resumed to its original sleepy one, her eyes closing once more as she yawned.

Henry placed both his hands on her cheeks, "Today's the day we go to the zoo! Come on, mommy! Wake up." He squished her cheeks, earning a groan from her.

"Alright alright. I'm awake. Why don't you go wake up Mama, hm? I'm sure she'd love that." Knowing very well that Emma wasn't a morning person, Regina smirked at her idea before smothering her son in kisses and letting him out of her arms.

Being the only person in this house who was actually chipper in the morning, the munchkin trotted off to his other mother's room, immediately doing the same thing he had done to his brunette mother but oddly, Emma hadn't moved an inch.

She wasn't snoring like she normally did either. Puzzled, Henry started shaking her, though his strength couldn't do much good, and when she didn't answer his panicked calling of her name, the five year old started screaming for help.

I shit you not, within five seconds everyone, and I mean everyone, had jumped out of bed and ran to where the sound came from, crowding at the door ready to protect the only child in the house.

"What's wrong?!" Snow and Regina asked simultaneously while the others watched the scene before them. The pair ran to Henry and Emma, Regina picking her son up and checking for any harm that may or may not have been done to him.

He was trying to tell them what was going on but it just came out as gibberish since he was crying by now. Snow focused on Emma, doing just as Henry had done to wake her up. Flipping the blonde over on her back, Snow sighed of relief when she felt her daughter's strong heartbeat.

"See sweetheart, Mama's okay." Regina cooed, wiping Henry's tears away with the sleeve of her pajama shirt.

"Why won't she wake up though?" Charming inquired, moving past the crowd of family members to join his wife.

Cora walked into the room, Killian and Neal studying the scene as well while Rumple and Belle volunteered to go call Dr. Whale. "I might have a solution. Step aside." The older woman commanded.

"Wait-!," Snow clutched tightly onto her daughter, "What are you about to do?" Shaking her head, Cora simply snapped her fingers, making a metal bucket appear. "Move or get covered in it too." Charming grabbed his wife and reluctantly stepped aside, now they were beside a curious Regina and hiccuping Henry.

Counting to three, the only thing that could be heard was a loud splash and a gasping noise. Green eyes shot open and Emma sprang up in the bed, chest heaving as she tried to calm her heartbeat, "What the hell?!" She shouted, looking around at everyone in the room who were studying her as if she had just come back from the dead.

Cora smirked proudly, "Told you it would work. A little magical water never hurt anyone."

Snow didn't care that her daughter was soaking wet, she flung her arms around her while happily sobbing and Emma quirked a brow, "I swear as the days progress you all get weirder and weirder."

"Never mind all of that, did you all forget we promised to take Henry to the zoo today? And one of you two numbskulls go tell them to cancel the paramedics." The mayor spoke, her last sentence directed at Hook and Neal but both ended up going.

Henry was calmer now, resting his head on his mother's shoulder as his arms wrapped around her neck.

Emma realized their son must've really been scared so she got up out of bed, struggling to break from her mother's tight embrace, and walked to the pair. "Hey buddy, are you okay?"

Henry's blonde mother lightly rubbed his back as she tilted her head to look at him since half his face was buried into Regina's shoulder.

"I was scared..." Both mothers felt a simultaneous feeling of sadness but also finding him extremely adorable right now.

"Oh kid, Mama's sorry. I'm just a really deep sleeper. I promise I'm okay." Henry picked up his head, looking between them both, "I believe you."

The five year old faintly grinned and Regina smiled, relieved that he was okay.

"Well look at this Kodak moment. Where's my camera?!" Cora cooed, running off to grab her special camera, specifically for special moments.

Charming and Snow on the other hand were proudly watching their daughter be a wonderful mother.

Emma let Henry hug her while still on Regina's hip, he wasn't going to let go anytime soon but she had gotten used to it over time.

By the time Cora returned with the camera, everyone had dispersed.

"Oh damnit! You all suck!" She shouted, sure that they would all hear her loud and clear as she stomped back to her room to get ready for their family outing later, determined to get pictures of a family moment one way or another.

After all, the zoo was a perfect place to take children.