Spooktacular Halloween

"So just how long are we supposed to stay down here then?" Cora asked. Charming kept glancing at the monitors, "I don't know but for right now we just need to observe." Hook's eyes widened, "Mate, they're in here. Listen..." They all heard footsteps and muffled talking, then it sounded like they were knocking stuff over. Fiona whimpered, "Mommy Nina, I'm scared." She poked out her lip and Regina held her tighter, "It's okay baby girl, your mommies and daddies won't let anything happen to you." Fiona laid her head on Regina's shoulder and just stared around. Emma sighed, "We need to do something. I don't like that she's scared." "Look!" Henry said, pointing to one go the monitors showing a person in Regina and Cora's room going through their stuff. "What is that peasant doing?!" Cora yelled in frustration. They continued to watch as the person pulled out a rolled up poster. "Is that?" Snow started her question but couldn't finish it. "Rumple?!" Emma shouted as everyone stood with their mouths wide open. "Mother....care to explain?" Regina smirked. "Not particularly. Unless you want to share your personal fantasy you used to have about a certain royal young man, if you catch my drift." Cora glared at everyone. Regina quickly shut up, "I wanna know who it was!" Henry smiled. "No!" Regina said and he went and sat in a corner, "Never mind then." Just then, all the noise stopped and they couldn't see anyone on the monitors, "Where'd they go?" Rumple asked trying to quickly get off the subject of GoldenHeart. "Maybe they aren't here anymore." Hook said as he volunteered to go up first to make sure everything was okay. He was gone no more than 10 minutes before he came back down with a party hat on and a piece of cake. "Aye, turns out they weren't talking about killing us, they were talking about Killian's birthday, I forgot it was my birthday!" He laughed but clearly the family wasn't amused, "Then why were they going through our stuff?" Regina snapped. "Oh that, they're just nosy. It happens. Come on up and let's party!" The family decided to shrug it off and enjoy the party.

"Henry what on earth are you doing?" Snow asked. Henry smiled, "Decorating for Halloween!" Snow raised her eyebrow, "And you have to use spider webs and spiders?" His smile turned to a smirk, "My mom's terrified of spiders. I'm getting her back for freezing me." Snow smiled, "Oh that sounds like fun! I'm beginning to love Halloween." She began helping Henry put up the spiders and spider webs around Regina's bed and placed one right under her pillow. Meanwhile Emma, Hook, and Regina were in Fiona's room trying to find Fiona a costume, by this time she's 11. "Why can't I be Snow White!?" Fiona huffed, "Because it isn't normal!" Regina wasn't planning on changing her mind. "Oh Regina, let the lass be!" Hook huffed and placed his hand on Fiona's shoulder, "Don't worry love, we'll find you something." Fiona hugged him and smiled, "Thanks dad. Mom, any ideas since I can't be Snow White?" She looked at Emma. Emma smirked and whispered in her ear, "How do you like that idea?" Fiona's smile grew bigger, "I love it! Thanks mom!" Hook and Regina looked at each other confused, "Wait, what idea?!" Regina asked. Emma and Fiona just smirked as they walked away. Hook shook his head smiling, "Those two are going to be the death of me one day." Cora walked in, "Regina, can I talk to you for a moment?" She huffed, "I suppose so." "I'll take that as my cue to leave." Hook said as he went downstairs. "What is it mother?" she asked. Cora smirked, "I need your help with this prank I'm planning to play on Rumple." Regina raised her eyebrow, "Why are you bothering Gold when we could be sabotaging Snow and Charming. I'm planning something special for Emma." Cora shook her head, "All in due time my love. I want to get him first. Then we can move on to the next person." Regina shrugged, "Fine, I have nothing else to do." She closed the door as they discussed their plans. Charming, Neal, and Hook were downstairs drinking and laughing. "So if we do it just like that, they'll be scared for sure!" Neal said and Charming smirked, "This will be the best prank yet." Hook laughed, "I agree mates. We better get to setting it up then. Remember it has to be at exactly the right time. They'll be screaming so loud..."

Rumple and Belle were sitting in their room talking, "But Rumple, that's not nice!" Belle pleaded. "Belle, I have to get them, before they get me! I heard them talking and I don't plan on letting them go through with their plan." He kissed her on the cheek, "Now I'm sorry if that upsets you, but I don't want them laughing at me or you." She sighed, "I guess you have a point. So what's our plan?" He smiled, "That's my girl." Back in Regina and Cora's room Snow and Henry finally finished setting up their prank, "Okay, now we leave the lights off and go downstairs like nothing happened, okay?" Henry was trying so hard not to laugh at the thought of when his mother would open the door and see what he had done. "Wait, how are we going to see her expression? We should rig up a camera in here so we can record it." Snow said. "Good idea!" He waved his hand and a camera was set up at the perfect angle facing the door to catch her reaction. "Great, let's get out of here before someone sees us." Snow said as she turned the lights off. They went downstairs and grabbed a slice of pie, not apple of course. "So are you sure this is going to work?" Fiona asked Emma, "Positive munchkin. Your mom will freak." She smirked. Emma had poofed up a zombie Snow costume for Fiona and Fiona loved it as she stared into the mirror. "I'm sure you'll get a ton of candy in this costume." Emma kissed her on the head as she stood up, "Now, let's get you back to normal and put your costume away." Fiona was satisfied and Emma was going to get a good laugh. The guys were in the garage rigging up their prank, "It needs to be higher. It's got to swoop in right above their heads." Neal to Charming. Hook was tightening the bolts on their contraption, "We need to make sure to keep it hidden til it's ready." Hook said. Charming nodded in agreement, "Right. There, perfectly hung." He got off the ladder and smiled proudly. They kept working, but keeping an eye out just in case someone attempted to come in the garage.

"So then if we do it like that, it should work." Cora said and Regina nodded, "Okay. And after this, you help me with pranking Emma, agreed?" Cora smirked, "Agreed my love." Regina smiled, "Good. The first thing you asked for is in the room. I'll go get it and meet you downstairs." Regina headed for their room, "Wait, I'll come with you. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss something." Regina arched her eyebrow but shrugged it off and kept walking. She opened the door, "Why are the lights off?" She turned the lights on and immediately started screaming. Cora looked around and began laughing, "I am so glad I didn't miss this." Regina kept screaming and passed out. Cora gasped, "I just remembered, what we needed wasn't in here, it's in the living room." And with that being said she politely stepped over the passed out Regina and proceeded to walk downstairs. "You know you could have helped your daughter..." The author scolded Cora. "It's not my fault she's afraid of spiders, plus she's an adult. I step in when her future is concerned, not moments like these." Cora answered as she crossed her arms. The author shook her head, "This is why your child has parental issues now. I hope you're satisfied with the job you did raising her because it honestly sucked!" Cora was flabbergasted, "And who are you to critique me?!" "The writer of this story!" The author huffed. "Right. Sorry about that." Cora smiled innocently, "Whatever you say, you're right." The author smiled, "That's what I thought. Much better."