Prologue

The day came quickly. Everything was in place, perfectly in place. Still Bruce paced back and forth waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle. Clark put a hand on Bruce's shoulder smiling in a reassuring way. The music started up and Selina began to walk toward her fiancé. Only a few intimate friends were there though the press would likely be nearby. Many members of the Justice League were there. Both to make sure no villains would get in to wreck havoc and to watch their friend get married... at least those that actually knew Bruce was Batman.

Selina smiled shyly at Bruce as she drew nearer. She seemed to sense the people watching her and knew that they all had knowledge of her past. People couldn't believe that such a good man like Bruce would marry an ex felon. He had insisted that he knew her before Selina turned to a life of crime as Catwoman. The statement was true but still the press was all over it.

Finally Selina reached Bruce. They held each other dearly, showing their deep care for one another. Their vows were exchanged and so were their wedding bands. Then they kissed a long deep kiss. The people burst out clapping. Bruce picked up his wife and carried her to the wedding reception.

The smell of baked goods floated through the air. A small orchestra played quietly in the corner near the dance floor. Champagne was offered to each guess. The white wedding cake stood looking quite picturesque. It was cut and the celebration began. The heroes soon forgot their profession and acted like normal people. It was a good night and no villains got in to terrorize the place. The media would talk about how Selina was a changed person, about how she wouldn't hurt a fly. Everyone seemed to forget and the new couple eased softly into their day lives

Though when night came Batman came out leaving Selina be. She knew she promised that she never would go out and try to help since it would give her and Bruce's identities away. Still Selina worried that first night, she worried that the love of her life was hurt and alone and that she wouldn't see him again. There was no real honeymoon for the couple. There is no rest for a hero.