Chapter Four

Gotham City

June 28, 20:36 EDT

Elizabeth got used to waking up every night to take care of Evelyn. Selina always got there second to find Elizabeth rocking the child trying to find out what was wrong. The girl left the couple more time to themselves at night once Bruce was done being Batman. Bruce walked in to see how things were going. He insisted on him and Selina be the last thing their daughter see before falling to sleep.

Elizabeth followed Bruce out to the indoor entrance to the Batcave. She was a little shy asking the question that had bothered her for a while, "Excuse me, Mr. Wayne, but could you teach me how to fight? I'd like to know how to defend myself if something was to happen while you were away."

"Well, it would make me feel a little better but it would be hard. You'd still have to keep up with your duties even if that means you don't get to train every night." Bruce answered.

"Really?" Elizabeth said excited, "When can we start?"

"Tomorrow, early morning. Meet me in the gym." He told her before leaving.

Elizabeth sighed, "Everybody leaves me hanging."

Alfred walked up to the girl and said, "He's always been like that. I can watch over Evelyn in the morning if you want."

"Thanks! I'll finish your cleaning job for you so you can get some rest after staying with her." Elizabeth smiled before frowning, "Just when is early morning?"

Alfred laughed, "I'll get you up in time, don't worry about it."

~~~

Early morning happened to be 4 a.m. Elizabeth dragged herself to the gym in exercise clothes. Bruce was already awake and didn't look groggy at all. "What took you so long?" He asked.

"I'm not used to getting up this early." She admitted.

"Getting up early shows discipline," Bruce stated before showing her how to punch in correct form.

Soon Elizabeth was wore out. Yeah she wasn't that out of shape and she wasn't that skinny but she had no endurance. Bruce tried pushing Elizabeth but she couldn't do it anymore. "We'll have to get you in top shape before I teach you anymore." He told her as they were taking a break. Elizabeth blushed embarrassed at her inability. It felt like she was the least athletic person in the world compared to Batman.

The rest of the time consisted of Bruce lapping Elizabeth while she ran as fast as she could without having a heart attack. Still she was pushed until he finally called it quits. Elizabeth shakily went to shower not feeling so good.

It happened to be a Saturday so she spent most the day cleaning for Alfred. Elizabeth felt like he was too old to be doing what he did, but it was not her place to tell him so. Selina sat on Bruce's lap as Elizabeth walked into their room. Both were scantily clad so she backed out quickly. They didn't seem to notice her though so she went about doing the rest of her chores that didn't involve their room.