𝟎𝟎𝟏; our pre-algebra teacher

LORALAI FOTIA WAS, apparently, a lot of things

LORALAI FOTIA WAS, apparently, a lot of things. A liar, a thief, and more recently a volcano. When she and her mother were forced to move to a small town (which conveniently came with cheap house prices), she hated it immediately.

The South wasn't then seven-year-old Loralai's thing. The hay, the sweat and the accents were enough to make her throw fiery tantrums. These seemingly harmless fits caused Melissa, her mother, to become more crazy than before.

As her mother's condition got worse, she began to hear loud and clear what everyone was whispering. Melissa had wide eyes that no one but Loralai dared to look at too long. However, Loralai hadn't noticed that threatening gleam her mother held until Melissa began to direct this insanity towards her own child.

Loralai's brain blacked out most of the details of the vicious repercussions. But, she still had a wrinkly scar planted on her neck that screamed to everyone at Camp-Half Blood: "Hey, look at me! My mother tried to kill me!"

Maybe it was the trip to the grocery store the day after it happened that made the townsfolk call child services, or maybe it was the screaming filling the ash-ridden air surrounding their former house. Nevertheless, it didn't matter, because Grover Underwood had gotten to her first.

The girl would be forever grateful towards the meek satyr; it meant avoiding a life being thrown around homes and schools. It meant spending a life at Camp Half-blood, with demigods just like her.

The speech that Grover gave her roughly followed the above and convinced Loralai to travel with him across the United States. Well, anything would've, but she didn't want to interrupt and tell him that as he poured his heart out with words of love about the camp.

Some things didn't go according to plan on the journey there: a few detours to get other demigods, getting attacked by various monsters. And, finally, Thalia, daughter of Zeus, gets turned into a tree on the last push of towards the haven. The last part left a mark on her, Grover, Annabeth and Luke that they couldn't erase, no matter how hard they'd tried.

Annabeth especially took it hard. Her and Thalia had gotten close during the journey. And, Luke... well, Loralai didn't really know how Luke felt about it. He was tough, with a scar on his face to prove it, something which Annabeth liked about him.

Of course, Loralai knew about Annabeth's crush, who didn't? Plus, the frightening trauma bond held her and Annabeth close like two trees interlocking branches. Close enough for Annabeth to know roughly about the trouble Loralai had to face in her past.

She didn't go into depth with anyone about what had actually happened. She tried not to think about it, otherwise she would physically feel the painful ache in her chest, a hollow reminder that even at camp she did not belong.

"You will have your day." That's what Chiron said to comfort her the day Annabeth and Luke got sent to their true cabin. But, no luck. Loralai was a patient person, but it felt as though her godly father couldn't care less about her. Surely she had done enough fighting and praying for him to notice her loyalty? Yet, here she was, feeling vulnerably stupid. For the gods' sake, she didn't even know her own father's name!