𝟎𝟏𝟒; bonnie and clyde

LORALAI WOULD LOVE to tell you that she remembered the moment where she glared death in the eye and told it to sit like a dog

LORALAI WOULD LOVE to tell you that she remembered the moment where she glared death in the eye and told it to sit like a dog. Truthfully, she only saw blackness. A cold, empty void of torture, raking every last word from her vocal chord.

Okay, maybe that last part was just Loralai, she had screamed until she blacked out, still. It was pretty scary.

Annabeth's face leaned over her, the gray eyes (which all Athena children have) flooded with worry, she smiled when Loralai managed to fully open her eyes. Grover let out a sigh, exclaiming, "We'd thought you went to Hades the hard way!"

Percy said nothing, rocking on his feet with his hands in his pockets. When she gained full consciousness, she managed to glance at Percy. He was bone-dry, yet something in her told her that she had just been in the river, from the way he was looking back at it proudly.

The water had healed him from the poison, she guessed. What a shame.

Loralai shuffled a bit, groaning as the streetlights blinded her, it was then where she realized she was laying on concrete.

She bolted up, scanning her body for injuries. Surely she would've broken a couple of limbs– that seems to happen when you literally fall on concrete from 200 meters high– but no. Nothing.

The four stood right by the edge of the river, the smell of rotten McDonalds and the rubbish floating in the Mississippi next to them. Far in the distance, there were sirens, slowly getting closer.

The others looked just as shocked as her, their mouths agape. "You just, like, fell onto concrete, and you're fine," Percy said, stupidly stating the obvious. Loralai rolled her eyes. "Clearly. Apart from this annoying ankle, but that was from earlier."

Percy nodded. Annabeth offered Loralai some support, taking on her weight so that the brunette was able to take pressure off of her ankle.

"Annabeth," Percy said eagerly, turning towards the blonde, "is there a concrete god?" He grinned like he was onto something. Annabeth smirked and replied, "Probably."

Loralai let out a heavy sigh. "I thought you took me into the water with you," she said. "Maybe I just... unconsciously made my way over here." Percy scanned the girl. "You're dry," he told her. "Plus, I didn't feel you in my arms when I was falling."

Her mouth dropped, pointing at him accusingly. "So you just left me to die!?" Percy shook his head vigorously, outraged at the accusation. "I grabbed you and I held you," he explained, "but then you just... disappeared."

Annabeth looked at him skeptically. "Right, makes total sense, seaweed brain," Loralai commented sarcastically. "Well- we're half bloods! Nothing makes total sense!" Percy yelled. The brunette looked at Annabeth, who hesitantly nodded in agreement. "He has a point."

Swarming with questions, Loralai's brain felt as though it was about to explode. Did someone save her? Did something save her? Had she saved herself? Was it all of the above?