𝟎𝟎𝟔; burst pipes

EYES TRAILED PERCY'S  every movement, the minotaur horn in his tight grasp sending a clear message

EYES TRAILED PERCY'S  every movement, the minotaur horn in his tight grasp sending a clear message. The camp was mystified in curiosity as the boy followed Chiron to the Hermes cabin.

They had just finished a tour, so it was hard for Percy to focus on what Chiron was saying, people whispering all around him, "There he is!" The campers tried to be secretive, however Percy heard every word.

Nevertheless, Percy got the gist of it: Grover was 28 (crazy, right?) but satyrs age differently so he's practically a middle school student, the gods and the underworld is real and that he was to play Capture the Flag with all the other campers on Friday. Oh, and he also needed his own weapon.

Percy's eyes settled on the Hermes Cabin in front of him.

On the top steps, Loralai was sitting down with her legs crossed just by the doorway. For a moment, she glanced inside the cabin, laughing at someone's loud joke.

 Annabeth was beside her, leaning on the railing with an architecture book in her hand. The boy strained to read the title, he thought it was just his dyslexia playing up, but then he realized it was in Greek.

Compared to the other cabins, the Hermes cabin looked like a regular old Summer cabin. Emphasis on old. It was a one story log cabin with a caduceus placed over the doorway. Chiron and Percy walked up the steps, the wood creaking beneath them announced their presence.

Annabeth put her book down and Loralai stood up. "Girls, I have a masters' archery class at noon. Would you take Percy from here?" Chiron asked. "Yes, sir," the girls said in unison. Percy thought it was creepy, the way they said it made them sound like those twins from The Shining.

The threshold of the cabin was worn down, the brown paint peeling. Inside, it was packed with people. Percy gulped apprehensively, noticing how there were more campers than bunk beds.

Chiron didn't go in, the doorway being too low for him. When the campers saw him, they all stood and bowed respectfully. Smacking his lip, Chiron stated, "Well, then. Good luck, Percy. I'll see you at dinner." Then he galloped away to the archery range.

Percy stood in the doorway, Loralai raising a brow at his hesitance. Then she got a glimpse of the cabin over his shoulder and understood why. All of the campers were standing there, sizing the boy up. "Well?" Annabeth prompted impatiently. "Go on."

Naturally, Percy tripped coming in the door. Loralai smacked a hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing, the humiliation was already enough as it was. A few of the people snickered. The two girls followed behind him confidently, Loralai stepped in front of him.

"Percy Jackson, meet Cabin 11," Loralai announced. Someone, who hadn't already heard Luke and her conversation earlier, asked, "Regular or undetermined?" Loralai tucked in her lips, then said, "Undetermined."

Everybody groaned.

Luke stepped forward, his short-cropped sandy hair and friendly smile putting Percy at ease. "Now, now, campers. That's what we're here for. Welcome, Percy," Luke declared, pointing to a clear area on the floor. "You can have that spot on the floor, right over there."