𝟎𝟎𝟕; flaming food

WORD OF THE BATHROOM incident spread like wild-fire

WORD OF THE BATHROOM incident spread like wild-fire. Wherever the three went, campers pointed at them and murmured something about toilet water. Annabeth and Loralai were still soaking wet.

They had shown Percy a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts-and crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat-man), and the climbing wall, which he had seen earlier from a distance.

When he had gotten a closer look, he discovered that it actually consisted of two facing walls, both shaking violently. The walls dropped boulders, sprayed lava and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough. Percy wondered if that boy earlier was OK.

Finally, they returned to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins. "We've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly. They had missed out on all their daily exercise showing him around and getting sprayed with water. "Dinner's at seven thirty, just follow me and the rest of our cabin to the mess hall," Loralai said, as the two began to walk away.

"Guys," Percy apologized, "I'm sorry about the toilets." Loralai shrugged and uttered, "Whatever." The boy took a step forward, declaring, "It wasn't my fault."

Looking at each other specifically, the two girls smirked. Percy then realized it was his fault. He'd made water shoot out of the bathroom fixtures, although he didn't understand how.

But the toilets had responded to him. He had become one with the plumbing.

There was silence, Loralai rocked back on her feet nonchalantly. "You need to talk to the Oracle," Annabeth finally told him. "Who?" Percy asked as Loralai's attention was brought to their conversation. "Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron," Annabeth responded.

Staring at the lake, Percy wished that everyone would be straightforward with their answers for once. He wished that there was a 'How to be a Demigod' book that told him in detail how to cope with this. The boy was still in partial denial.

He wasn't expecting anybody to be looking back at him from the bottom of the lake, so his heart skipped a beat when he spotted the Naiads below, their brown hair floating mystifyingly as they sat crossed-legged.

They smiled and waved at him as if he were a long-lost friend, he waved back, unsure what else to do. "Don't encourage them," Annabeth warned, "Naiads are terrible flirts." His eyes flickered up to Loralai, even though it was Annabeth who was talking.

"Naiads," he repeated with an overwhelmed tone. "That's it. I want to go home now," he finalized with a stern expression.

Loralai looked up at him with a grin and he speedily turned his attention to Annabeth, who was frowning.

"Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on Earth for kids like us," Annabeth asserted. Percy blinked. "You mean, mentally disturbed kids?" Loralai clenched her jaw at her words. "Half-human kids," she said, angry that he was still denying the truth. "Half-human and half-what?" He asked. "I think you know," Loralai muttered, crossing her arms and waiting for him to understand. Percy didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid, that tingling sensation in his limbs that he usually felt when his mom talked about his dad.