𝟎𝟎𝟒; waves of theories

LUCKILY, PERCY WAS in a pretty deep sleep

LUCKILY, PERCY WAS in a pretty deep sleep. He had woken up a few times, Chiron had reported, but he hadn't once been up long enough to make sense of his surroundings.

The delay of the two girls' plans to ask Percy about the Master Bolt gave Loralai a day or two to settle into camp. They, for once, were the only ones at camp that knew about the fight between Poseidon and Zeus.

Loralai was still trying to figure out why exactly Chiron told Annabeth. He had tried to call in Loralai and say the same after what happened to Percy. She told him that Annabeth had already told her and that was the end of that. Chiron made them swear that they wouldn't tell anyone else about it until a quest was assigned, they had reluctantly agreed.

It was a hot, sunny day, as are most days at Camp due to the Gods being kind, or too busy to switch it up. However, a few times a day Loralai would get a glimpse at the sea, observing the thrashing waves. The sea near Camp Half-blood was usually calm, something was stirring it.

Lightning flashed a few times throughout the day, also. When she had brought up the subject in the Combat Arena, most of the campers training said that they thought there was a storm outside of camp. Loralai knew better.

Cicadas chirped in the brunette's ears as she wiped the sweat off her brow and made her way to the armory. Loralai had promised that she would help Oliver and Caliz Chung, a daughter of Hephaestus, organize the armory. Or... try to.

It was no secret that the large metal shed contained all sorts of weapons, most of them just being tossed in any old place.

Every camper eventually got their own. Oliver had a gold guitar that he used to put a siren-like spell on his opponent, it was also strong enough to bash someone's head in if required. Caliz Chung had a small workbox where she stored her survival kit; it could also fold out and become a (although rusty) sword.

The irritating thing about being undetermined is that you don't just not know your heritage, you also have no idea what your skills are. Loralai, for the moment, had a plain old sword. The handle was leather, but the blade was celestial bronze, with amber jewels trailing down the center. The girl had only picked it out because she liked how it looked; the unexpected bonus was that it had a good balance for her. She didn't like having such a boring weapon, but it'd have to do until she got claimed.

When Loralai stepped into the shed, the first thing she noticed was how the air conditioning (if there even was any) was definitely not on. The hot metal walls combined with one of the hottest days of the Summer turned the armory into a furnace.

Metal clanking rang out, Oliver and Caliz had already started. Caliz's dyed dark red hair flicked around as Loralai knocked softly on the already open entrance. When Caliz spotted her, she smiled with her brown eyes and said breathlessly, "Finally, Annabeth said that you would be too busy feeding Percy pudding to help us!"