𝟎𝟎𝟑; back home

BEING BACK AT  Camp Half-blood after that disaster at Yancy was the most precious comfort Loralai had ever experienced

BEING BACK AT  Camp Half-blood after that disaster at Yancy was the most precious comfort Loralai had ever experienced. The warm air of Summer, the green grass and smell of strawberries.  The feeling of being home grounded and distracted her from the pool of problems. 

In the short amount of time she had been there, the wrinkle between her brows had relaxed significantly. Just being there was enough to make her almost forget about Annabeth very obviously keeping a secret from her.

Almost.

It was a cool evening, Annabeth and Loralai sprawled out on top stair of the Athena cabin, watching the sun go down. The brunette smiled as she watched the rays of violent sunlight wave goodbye happily, slowly disappearing underneath the sea.

When the sun was gone, Loralai sunk into the wall behind her, content. 

Loralai had just finished telling Annabeth about the car trip to camp with Oliver. 

Oliver and Loralai were close. He had been a beautiful melody of laughter that made the stress of exams, school and Percy, fade away. The two were strictly platonic. Like brother and sister, except... Loralai knew for sure she wasn't a child of Apollo. 

Oliver Caesar practically was begging for his life as she sang along with the songs during the trip. They had made a lot of memories, like when Oliver serenaded a 'We just got married' car sitting at a red light. Loralai laughed the hardest she had laughed all year.

 She didn't miss how Annabeth reddened at the mention of the son of Apollo, even before she had shared her story. 

A sudden wind of coldness swept over the valley, Annabeth wrapped an arm around her. Her chunky blue sweater offered Loralai some heat. Despite her best friend being only a few inches away, it felt like miles. They had never kept possible quest-related secrets from each other. 

The fact that Annabeth was holding back made a lump appear in Loralai's throat. "Annabeth," the girl's voice sounded hurt, "what did Chiron talk to you about?

She already knew the answer.

As soon as Loralai woke up from her post-long-ass-car-trip sleep, she went to find Annabeth. Everyone she asked told her the same thing: "She's meeting with Chiron.. no, you can't go, it's private." 

Loralai had ignored their words and hidden by a window. She listened to the limited muffled words, she only deciphered a few: thief, lightning, prophecy, Zeus, Poseidon.

The blonde froze for a second at the question, Loralai didn't miss it, Annabeth quickly brushing it off with a shrug. "Just about my dad... he's been sending me more letters lately so he was just checking up on me," Annabeth said quietly, in that suspicious tone she used when she was lying. She began to fiddle with her blond messy side-plait. Loralai said nothing.