𝟎𝟎𝟓; cabin eleven

THE NEXT DAY, Loralai and Annabeth were walking by the Big House on their way to run some errands when Mr

THE NEXT DAY, Loralai and Annabeth were walking by the Big House on their way to run some errands when Mr. D called them over. It was unusual for Mr. D to request to talk with them, he didn't exactly care about the campers. 

Dionysus smelt like a musky cologne, his Hawaiian shirt adding color to his porky appearance. Her and Annabeth leaned on the porch railing next to where Mr. D was sitting at a table, waiting for him to say something.

The morning sun shone down on her face, illuminating Loralai's features, her hair looked almost caramel, her eyes almost yellow. She was wearing her camp necklace, camp shirt and shorts, as was Annabeth. Mr. D shuffled the cards in his hands, sitting on a table with his back to the view of the coast, the waves slightly in earshot.

The two girls shared a look. Had they really called them here for a pinochle game?

Chiron came out of the house in his wheelchair. Loralai wanted to ask him why, but figured he'd explain soon. When Chiron said nothing, instead staring at the sun-drenched Long Island coast, Annabeth spoke up, "What's this about?"

"Well, I think it's time for us to properly introduce ourselves to Percy," Chiron said, which explained the wheelchair. Percy would probably faint all over again. Fiddling with her hands, Loralai questioned, "He's awake?" As if on queue, Percy and Grover came from around the corner.

The two girls watched as Percy looked around like a lost puppy dog, watching the other campers train and play volleyball. Loralai didn't blame him, it was a huge transition to go from a troubled schoolkid to a troubled demigod camper in just a few days. At least she had gotten used to some aspects of it on her long journey to camp. Percy had been rushed here. 

Loralai suddenly felt guilty for complaining that he was taking too long.

Percy's eyes scanned the people in front of him. Grover murmured beside him, introducing the new faces. "That's Mr. D, he's the camp director, be polite."

The satyr then nodded towards Annabeth and Loralai. "The blonde girl, that's Annabeth Chase, she's just a camper. And well... you already know her, but that's Loralai Fotia. Her and Annabeth have been here longer than anyone." The boy was puzzled. He had the urge to ask how long and why. Instead, he blurted out, "Fotia?" Grover blinked. 

"You didn't know? It means fire in Greek, at least that's what Annabeth told me." Percy brows twisted together further as the two locked eyes. It felt like he didn't recognize her at all. Her long brown hair wasn't in a braid or ponytail like at school, she looked sun-kissed, her skin more tan, her cheeks more red and her hair lighter.

She scowled at him, looking away. As soon as she did, her expression rested into a much happier one, rather than the resting bitch-face he had gotten used to. Percy had a feeling that he didn't know this Loralai at all.

"And you already know Chiron..." Grover pointed at the centaur whose back was turned away from Percy. Percy's lost expression faded away when his eyes flickered over to the centaur, recognizing Chiron instantly. "Mr. Brunner!" He cried.