3

————

"Ah shit!" Maddy said as she left Mason's room in the morning.

"Morning Maddy! You alright?" Mel asked and Maddy nodded, "Morning Mel, I'm good thanks, How about you?"

"Just peachy sweetie" Mel said back and Maddy smiled at the pet name.

"Good good" Maddy said before letting herself into Tracy's room.

"Mom how many times do I have to tell you to knock!?" Tracy shouted at Maddy and Maddy raised an eyebrow.

"I hope you don't always talk to her like that" Maddy said and Tracy shook her head.

"Anyways, can I borrow some clothes, We haven't got time to walk home" Maddy asked and Tracy nodded.

Maddy pulled out a black vest with spaghetti straps before folding the bottom of the vest in her bra to make it shorter and put on a denim skirt she found in the bottom of the girl's wardrobe. She pulled on the same shoes as she wore yesterday and a pair of sunglasses she had in her bag. She slept in her jewellery and grabbed her bag before she left the house with Tracy.

The girls arrived at school where they passed Astrid. Tracy pulled the two along as they both gave Astrid high-fives and giggled.

Maddy watched as one of Tracy's old friends waved and Tracy ignored her. Maddy laughed to herself at the pure atrocity of what this girl was becoming.

It was kind of sad but Tracy wanted it. She came to them.

Maddy roamed the halls during 4th period because she didn't want to sit in for history. She turned the corner and bumped into someone.

The person was obviously bigger than her and ended up pushing her over. Maddy being Maddy grabbed onto them to keep herself up and pulled them over with her.

"I am so so sorry" Maddy said before she opened her eyes and saw it was Mason.

"We should get up" Maddy said to him and he smirked.

"I kind of like this position" Mason said to her and she laughed.

"That's what the bedroom is for Mase" Maddy sniggered.

"Okay Mads, I'll hold onto that" Mason said before kissing her goodbye.

The girls walked out of school together to see Mel outside with the car and a cup of coffee.

"Evie this is my mom, Maddy you met her yesterday" Tracy said as the girls walked over.

"No way. She's like the hot big sister" Evie said which seemed to make Mel happy.

"That's basically what I said yesterday babe" Maddy said as she hugged Evie tight.

"What do you want me to do?" Mel asked Tracy.

Tracy smiled, "Can you take us to Melrose?"

"Let's go" Is all Mel said before the girls climbed in the car and set off to the mall again.

They pulled over at Melrose to park and Tracy was obviously worried on whether her mom was coming or not.

"We'll find some really cute platforms," Mel said to Tracy, "Or maybe some of that body glitter"

"No, No, Mom, it's okay, you can just drop us off then go run an errand or something" Tracy said to her mother.

Mel immediately pulled a face but agreed nevertheless, "Oh, um okay. I guess that'll be alright. Maybe for an hour. I have to talk to Evie's and Maddy's mom, though"