15

————

Maddy walked through the door and saw the dining table was clean as was the rest of the house. Her brothers had sorted the house out while her mother and she was out. It was cute.

The dinner was set for 5 but Maddy was confused, there was only 4 of them. She shrugged nevertheless and took her shoes off. She slipped them in the now clean shelving unit and walked over to the table. She sat down and there was a thud upstairs before laughter was occurring. Caroline walked out of the kitchen with a tray and five bowls of carbonara.

"You okay mom?" Maddy asked.

"Yeah, everything go well at Mel's?" Caroline asked her and she nodded.

"It's all good, I wanted to see Mason but he wasn't there, I'll go see him tomorrow and leave him a voicemail tonight" Maddy said and Caroline smirked.

"You could see me now?" Mason said from behind her and she squealed in excitement.

She jumped from her chair and hugged him tight. "I missed you so much, did you go out yesterday or were you in your bedroom?"

"I went out for a smoke then came back, so I heard you shouting at Brooke, and then Evie screaming then them leaving" Mason said and Maddy giggled.

The five seated and discussed everything.

"I basically sat spectating the situation, then Brooke was saying Tracy was hitting Evie when it went both ways so I started shouting and showing my head to prove Brooke wrong" Maddy explained, "Then Brooke started showing Tracy's self harm so I punched her in the nose"

"You shouldn't have done that" Caroline scolded her daughter and Maddy laughed.

"It was badass mom you should've been there, then Evie was shouting at Mel so I grabbed her by her hair, pulled her back and kneed her back. Then while she was pulled back, I backhanded her face"

Russ and Nick were dying of laughter, Caroline was rolling her eyes and smiling at her daughter. Mason sat there admiring her. She'd stood up for his mother, his sister and realised she was in the wrong in the end.

He truly loved her and there wasn't much that could change it.

The family finished up their meals and cleared the table. Maddy chucked a box of cigarettes at her mother with a lighted and she thanked her for them. Maddy took Mason into the kitchen where she washed up and he dried up. They did it in silence for a while before Maddy spoke up.

"I'm sorry for ruining your family Mason" Maddy mumbled and Mason sighed.

"Mads, my family is fine now, you didn't ruin us, you've put us through some things but we're okay, you've realised you were wrong. You stood up for my mom and Tracy when they needed it" Mason smiled and so did Maddy.

"I love you Mase" Maddy whispered and hugged him.

"I love you too Madeline" Mason giggled and she punched his shoulder playfully.

Maddy tipped popcorn into a bowl, made a sweet salad and a M&M salad. She brought the bowls through and sat on the couch with her mom. Mason left after finishing washing up with Maddy. He went home and Maddy said she'd stay over his tomorrow anyways.

Maddy sat smoking a cigarette and munching on snacks with her mother. It got until about 2am when the two decided to call it quits. They walked upstairs and Caroline pulled Maddy into a hug.

"I love you Maddy" She whispered and Maddy giggled.

"Who are you and what have you done with Caroline?" Maddy laughed.

"You shouldn't be used to how I treated you, it's bad" Caroline sighed.

"Mhm" Maddy agreed, "Love you mom"

Maddy trailed off to her bed where she slept. She awoke to the smell of bacon. She washed her face and did her makeup for the day. She put on a miniskirt and a green vest before slipping on some sandals.

She walked downstairs and saw her mother cooking breakfast.

"You hungry?" She asked her daughter who shook her head.

"I don't eat breakfast but the boys definitely do!" She said before opening the door, "See you tomorrow!"

"Where do you think you're going?" Caroline asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"Why do you care? You usually tell me not to come back?" Maddy asked and Caroline sighed.

"I've changed, just be safe baby" she said and Maddy nodded before shutting the door behind her.

Maddy arrived at Tracy's and walked into the girls room. They were going to pick up the stuff for Tracy's room with Mel.

By the end of the project they'd produced Tracy a brand new bedroom and everyone was hyped with it. Especially Tracy.

The girls sat in Tracy's room smoking a joint, they laughed about everything together

The girls sat in Tracy's room smoking a joint, they laughed about everything together. They were in need of talking to each other and they did.

Maddy said her goodbyes to Tracy and walked into Mason's room. He was in there on the phone and she walked straight back out. She listened to his conversation while she sat on the floor outside his bedroom.

"No, don't come over!" Mason shouted on the phone, "I'm fucking done with you and your games Evie!"

Maddy's heart dropped and he came outside after finishing the call up. She smiled at him and he snorted.

"Evie wants to suck me off" Mason said making Maddy laugh.

"Same"

"Say less" Mason giggled and Maddy rolled her eyes.

"I love you Mase" Maddy said to him and he put his arm round her shoulder.

"I love you too Mads" Mason kissed the top of her head before pulling her out the back door in his room.

The two walked in silence just admiring the aroma. Maddy thought of this as the perfect night. Her life was getting better, her mom was doing well, Mason was there and Evie was gone. Her and Tracy were closer than ever and they sorted their lives out. Well, Tracy did.

Maddy was out at about 11pm, wandering the streets without a care in the world. She walked up to the park and saw a lot of people who she hadn't been out with in ages.

"You got something for us?" One of the boys shouted to her and she giggled.

"Four bucks a hit" Maddy shouted and felt a sense of deja vu.

Just a few months ago, her, Evie and Tracy were here selling acid to others. The boys paid her and she took a tablet herself. She sat in the park, spinning on the roundabout. Feeling of nausea. Feeling of contentment. She'd not felt nothing in a while.

She climbed off the roundabout and didn't wait for it to stop. She slipped and hit her head on the bars.

————