12

————

Maddy and Mason left for school that morning and departed from one another when the bell rang for classes.

Maddy sat through her classes that day like it was a blur.

She ended coming back to Tracy's and sat in the girl's room doing laughing gas.

Tracy was already bleeding and so was Evie. Maddy had a bruised eyebrow for sure and the back of her head was bleeding but she didn't care.

"I wanna bleed more!" Tracy said before huffing the can again, "Hit me!"

Evie slapped her face and the girls giggled, "Make an effort bitch!" Tracy shouted and Maddy pushed Evie out the way and backhanded Tracy. The girl passed out and fell on the floor.

Maddy and Evie giggled, "Tracy?" Evie said snapping back to reality.

"Tracy?" Maddy said again, "Girl get the fuck up!"

"Food is ready ladies" Mel said from the other side of the door.

"Just a minute!" Maddy shouted and left Evie to deal with Tracy.

Maddy went and found Mason outside. She sat beside him while Mel and Birdie were talking about Evie's uncle and how stressful their lives are.

Maddy almost laughed at the audacity of it all. Everyone complaining, everyone is struggling.

"If it helps, my mom hits me" Maddy said smiling, "She's a drunk and sleeps all day. That's why I stay here. I found comfort in your house Mel"

"That's not something to joke about" Birdie said to her.

"I'm not fucking joking" Maddy said scoffing, "My dad left when I was younger and left me 2000 dollars like it would save my life. My mom blames him leaving on me and that's why she does it"

"Oh baby" Mel said and Maddy smiled.

"It's okay, I'm fine. After a while she gets bored, then my brothers clean me up, or I do, depends who's home" Maddy reasoned.

Obviously Birdie has to be on top and struggling more than everyone else so she brings the conversation back to herself.

"She's been molested and abused by basically everyone who's supposed to take care of her, i've got to help her"

"Come on mom, you don't know that" Mason said before getting interrupted by Tracy and Evie walking out all dressed up.

Maddy giggled at them and grabbed the back of her head when she realised she can feel liquid on the back of her neck.

"How do we look darling?" Tracy said as the two posed and danced.

Maddy smiled in awe but was upset that she left when she should have helped.

"Guys say hello to the butt" Evie said as she turned round and showed off the eyes on her ass.

"You guys look hot" Maddy said as Mason looked at Maddy like she did swing both ways.

"What happened to your lip" Mel asked Tracy.

"Nothing mom, I just like bit it" Tracy said turning away.

Mason looked and Maddy who turned away from him.

"Mason do you have any film, do you wanna take pictures off us?" Evie asked and went to sit on his lap but Maddy pushed her over.

"No he doesn't babe" Maddy smirked and Evie rolled her eyes.

Mason went to thank Maddy but she'd turned her head already. He noticed the red patch on her head and her shirt and grabbed her arm pulling her inside.