10

————

Maddy kissed him on the cheek before walking and going to stand with Evie.

"She's a fucking monster" Maddy said, almost scolding herself for what Tracy had become.

"Crazy" Evie said admiring Tracy.

"You know, shit's gonna go down after this right?" Maddy said and Evie nodded.

"Brooke wants to move away" Evie muttered, "I was gonna tell you but didn't know how to put it"

"I'll just come visit you, my mom doesn't care where I am" Maddy whispered.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

Maddy snapped back into reality when Mel kicked the coffee table, "You think I wanna be here!?" Mel shouted and walked out of the living room.

Evie ran with Maddy to Tracy and Tracy pushed him out the way. 'I'll come see you in a bit' Maddy mouthed to Mason and he nodded, he looked hurt.

"Mom!" Tracy squealed an ear piercing pitch, "Mom!"

"Damn it Tracy what is it?" Brady said walking into her bedroom.

"I can't even sleep in my own bed?" Tracy said pointing at the dog and child who had taken up in her bed.

Mom you're dealing with this!" She screamed and Mason walked in.

"Mason come grab her!" Brady shouted and Mason took Kayla out the room while Maddy followed.

"Are you okay?" Maddy asked as he put the girl in his bed.

"No" Mason said as he sat on the floor. Maddy sat beside him and lay her head on his shoulder, "Get the fuck off me"

He pushed her head of his shoulder, "You ruined her Maddy. You and Evie. You- You- You fucking made her like this!" Mason shouted.

Maddy stood there and took every word from him, "I know Mason, I fucking know, I look back everyday and regret it!" Maddy started crying, "You think I wanted this?"

"And before you accuse me of anymore, I influenced her, i've never forced her to do anything, I've been there less than half the times they've been up to something, and she came to us!"

Mason opened his mouth to say something but Maddy cut him off.

"I'm not trying to make excuses for it, I'm not saying it's right. Because it's sure as hell not. But it's not all my fault. And I'm fucking sorry Mason, I'm so sorry for how this has turned out, It can only get worse from here. I'm just gonna go, get some sleep and we'll talk in the morning"

"No, Maddy wait!" Mason said as she left but she kept walking. Mason meant what he said. But she was right, she was barely there, she never forced anything on the girl and her life is fucked up. She can't tell if half the stuff she does is right or wrong.

Maddy left his room and walked back into Tracy's. She found them snorting pills.

"Without me? Come on guys!" Maddy said as she ran over to them. She stole the straws off Evie and Tracy and began double snorting. She handed them back and grabbed one for herself and crushed some more, listening to their conversation.

"He's your guy" Evie said and Maddy scoffed knowing that didn't matter to Evie.

The girls watched as Brady walked out the house and they giggled, "Uh oh" Tracy said.

"He's off for some more lines" Maddy said making the girls laugh more.

They crashed and woke up in the morning before heading to the kitchen. Evie grabbed four spoons out the fridge and handed two to Maddy and put one under Tracy's eye. Then her own.

"What's with the spoons?" Tracy asked.

"Just go like this"

"It's really cold" Tracy complained.

Maddy scoffed, "You've always got something to whine about, shut up Trace"

Evie giggled and Tracy rolled her eyes at Maddy.

The girls stood with spoons under their eyes and began speaking in a language they made up for themselves.

"Guys why does my tongue ring hurt?" Tracy asked making the girls giggle.

"Probably because you've been sucking cock" Maddy and Evie said in sync before giggling.

"Brooke does this every morning and her eye bags are still huge" Evie giggled.

"I wonder how much of this you have to drink for it to kill you" Tracy said while Mason walked in through the back door.

"Let's try!" Maddy said as she grabbed the bottle and out her mouth at the top.

Evie pulled the bottle from her and the three giggled while Mason and Cynthia walked past.

"What does Cunthia want?" Maddy asked making the girls giggle again.

"I don't even know. Probably more alcohol" Tracy said.

"Or her twenties to go missing" Evie said.

"This family needs some healing" Cynthia said to everyone in the kitchen.

"Who bought you that wetsuit?" Tracy asked Mason while smirking.

"Fuck you" He said before running off to get changed.

"Evie your mother's phone's been disconnected" Mel said walking by the girl.

"Mel, she's not my mom. She's my cousin, my mom was a crack whore" Evie said sternly.

Everyone in the room stared at Evie in disbelief. Then they continued what was happening.

"Okay everybody let's take a deep breath" Cynthia said while another boy walked through the door.

"Evie honey, do you have a friend you could go stay with for a few days?" Cynthia asked her and Evie's mood changed completely, "I think this family needs some alone time"

"Cynthia, I'm the one that's here every day with Maddy trying to make the situation better" Evie stated.

Maddy stood in silence, she knew the situation was worse every day the girls were here.

"Ask Mel" Evie finished up with.

"Look, mom, there's a huge swell, I gotta get poundin" Mason said and Maddy giggled.

"That's okay baby just go" Mel said and he walked away with his friend calling Maddy over.

"Fuck off for a minute why don't you?" Mason said to his friend and turned to Maddy.

"I'm sorry for blowing up yesterday" Mason said and Maddy sighed.

"Mason, you're in the right, if you want me to go I will, no questions asked" Maddy said and he laughed.

"Hey" He said holding her face up, "I love you, you coming?"

"I'm gonna stay here and make things right okay?" Maddy said and he smiled.

"That's my girl" Mason said and kissed her before turning round and leaving her, "Love you!"

"I love you too!" She shouted to him, "Have fun!"

————