𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘢

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I awoke hours later to the sun warming the room.

It took effort, a lot more than I was prepared to give to push myself into a sitting position. I had fallen asleep while crying if the headache had any indication. I was trying to remember my location, everything seemed to be blurry, especially the first hours of the day, but as soon as I remembered Steve in the corner of my room dread filled me. I wasn't in the safety of any of my father's residences, I had been thrown into the den of New York, with one of the most ruthless men to ever work the street.

The door to my left opened, and my head snapped in the direction to see a man walk through, a phone against his ear, "She's awake," a pause, "Yes, boss," another pause before a grimace, "See you soon."

I was scared of this man last night, and while the edge of panic had disappeared, I was still on edge, watching as he crossed the room and kneeled by the side of the bed, "Would you like to take a bath or shower, Mia Cara?" I flinched when Bucky brought his hand up, at least I think I remember Steve telling me his name, and pushing some hair back from my forehead, it was such a sweet gesture that it made me feel sick, because how could someone who helped such a vile man take me, be able to give me some comfort. "It'll help with the aches."

"I don't have anything to change into," Bucky instantly reached for the water when he heard the scratchiness of my voice, and instead of pushing it to my mouth, he unscrewed the cap and handed it to me. It felt like he was giving me a little control over myself and the thought of that made me want to cry, I was stripped of everything, my home, my family, and my freedoms, however, limited they were, Steve poured the water in my mouth last night, to show how much control he has, and being granted the ability to drink water on my own was a relief. So, the traitorous tear that rolled down my cheek was humiliating, but I brought the bottle to my lips and took a long drink, handing it back to Bucky when I was done.

"I'll find something for you, Mia Cara," Bucky gestured to my throat, "Can you tilt your head back? I want to make sure he didn't hurt you."

I tilted my head back, baring my throat to Bucky. Two fingers ghosted over my skin, and when I felt his fingers retreat, I righted myself, looking at Bucky once more. "Let's get you into the bath Mia Cara," I took his extended hand, his solid body being used as my stability, "It's because you've been sleeping," Bucky explained, guiding me towards the door Steve walked out of this morning, the door was pushed open to reveal a massive bathroom, black tiled floors with white marble counters and a marble shower, gold accents were decorated around the room. "I know, the boss is a bit extravagant," Bucky explained when he saw my gaze bouncing around the room, "I tried to tell him to relax, too gaudy is overwhelming for most people."

I let go of Bucky's hand, stepping further into the bathroom, using the wall as my support, "Thank you," I smiled at him before my eyes fell on the large tub, "I can figure out a bathtub on my own though."

Bucky gave a tight smile, pulling a towel off the top shelf. Of course, just another show of dominance over me without knowing, I wouldn't be able to reach anything without asking for help. "Please do not take long," Bucky set the towel on the counter, walking up to me and tipping my chin back with two fingers, "Boss wants you at the casino shortly, and Mia Cara," Bucky's eyes searched my face, "He doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"I won't take long," I stepped back from his body, "I presume an outfit has been selected for me."

"You are a bright one," Bucky turned on his heel, "Hurry up, you may want to defy the boss but I won't be shot for your disobedience." The bathroom door clicked shut behind him.