𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦/𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘢

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦

It was a clean stab wound, right between the ribs and straight to the heart.

Enzo gave the signal right as she drove the knife into her father, and when I entered, Dante had her against his chest, his arms around her head to hide her from the world. Blood had dried on her hands, smearing across the wedding ring, she was my bloody angel, and I stopped in front of Dante, carefully running my hand down her spine, "Bambina," Dante released her, and she turned to face me, "Come here."

Aurora walked straight into my awaiting embrace, her forehead pressed against my beating heart. She wasn't crying, but she was numb. I could tell by the way she didn't respond to the blood sliding down her arms. So I just wrapped my arms around her head and kissed the top of her hair. She deserved to end him, deserved to be the one to drive the blade into his heart. And I knew she wouldn't regret it, but I could tell she was trying to process the truth of what she had done. A girl who so desperately wanted her father's love, ending him, losing him completely.

I heard the clatter of metal behind me as my guys removed the blade from Angelo, and felt Aurora jolt at the noise. And when I looked up at Dante and Enzo, the emptiness was there. Children, these weren't men and a woman, no, they were children, mourning a life they never got. I was blessed with my parents. My father never let power corrupt him as thoroughly as Angelo Coppola did, sure, my father wanted control of the city, but I was still his priority, he still showed me love, and he protected my mother. My father loved me, fiercely. Angelo used his children as pawns. Played them against each other. It was Aurora against Enzo and Dante, and she was always losing.

Yet, they all lost.

Not only was the piece of shit they called their father gone, their mother and grandmother could never step foot back in the United States. They'd be arrested instantly. Not because of me, but because of the wrap sheet of crime that Angelo committed. If the FBI got wind that the Mrs. Copolla's were back in the States, they'd be swept up and locked away. The Coppola children were officially alone. Isolated from their families, and it wouldn't take long for people to figure out how powerful the trio was, especially if they all had a hand in controlling the Coppola family. Aurora's word was law in my family, and it would be over here too, it had already been decided.

Aurora pushed out of my embrace, stepping back into her brothers, and I understood, she needed them. So I leaned forward to kiss her nose, "I'll be back with a rag to wipe down your arms." She looked down, no emotion on her face as she took in the red stuck to her skin. That pretty diamond I placed on her hand no more than three days ago, covered in her father's blood. I expected a broken sob, but the breath was knocked out of me when I saw those gray eyes void of all emotion, and a nod being my dismissal.

I walked to the guest bathroom, pulled the hand towel from the ring, and wetted it, and by the time I got back to the office, Angelo had a sheet placed over him and Aurora, Dante, and Enzo were standing in a circle, their foreheads pressed to each other while they held hands. These were the moments I never saw, but knew Aurora relished in.

I placed my hand on the small of her back and she pulled from her brothers, color back in her face and some emotion in her eyes again, although it was difficult to decipher what those emotions were, but she gave me a small smile, holding her hands out while I started to wipe down her arms. "Are you alright?" I asked softly, seeing a small smile finally form, my own growing when she flexed her fingers around mine, just a small movement that had me pausing.