𝘌𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

"Daddy!"

I smiled as I stepped out of the elevator, my daughter running into my legs with such force I pretended to stumble back, "Woah sunshine," I leaned down to scoop my little girl up, pressing kisses all over her face, "Someone's gotten so strong," her giggles turned to squeals when I tickled her sides, tiny feet swinging on either side of my body while she squirmed.

I never imagined life as a father, never wanted to bring life into warfare, but now I couldn't imagine my life without my miracle girl on my hip. She has become my life, beside her mother. But Adelina Rogers was the sole reason we woke up on days we didn't want to.

"Daddy! Daddy! I made Uncle Bunky," yeah, the N is permanent in Adelina's name for Bucky, we've tried to get her to address him properly, but she continues to call him Bunky, so now we just roll with it, "I made Uncle Bunky play princesses with me!"

I chuckled, kissing Adelina's head before I made my way towards the kitchen, where I could hear my beautiful wife talking to Natasha. They now successfully run my money laundering. Because Aurora is bilingual she handles the international accounts while Natasha handles the national accounts. It keeps them busy and safe. But when I stepped in the kitchen, with Adelina laying her head on my shoulder, sucking her thumb, a habit Aurora and I have tried to break, I had to stop a bellowing laugh from leaving my lips. Bucky was sat next to Natasha with sparkles all over his face and a tiara.

"If you say a word," Bucky spoke through gritted teeth and I grinned, "I'll murder you."

I put an hand over my heart and let out an exasperated gasp, "Me? Say something mean to a princess? You must not know me at all."

"Rogers."

I shot Bucky a smile before wrapping a hand around Aurora's hip, and when she turned her head towards me I melted. Aurora still had her sweetness, the very sweetness I fell in love with all those years ago. "Hi bambina," I leaned down to kiss her softly, feeling her smile grow against my mouth, "How are you?"

"Good," she took Adelina from me when our daughter reached out for her, kissing Adelina's head softly. "It's bedtime isn't it baby?" She asked our daughter and Adelina nodded, looking at me with tired eyes. "Give daddy a night night kiss and you'll see him in the morning."

"Nanight daddy," I leaned down to kiss Adelina's head, smiling when she kissed my cheek, "Wuv you."

She was speaking around her thumb in her mouth, so I gently pulled her hand away, "Night Night sunshine, I love you most."

I watched my wife carry my daughter down the short hallway in the penthouse, we've been staying in the city more now due to business deals going on, and disappear into Adelina's room, probably to read our daughter a bedtime story. Natasha and Bucky wished me good night and suddenly I was alone, and relishing in the silence that rarely exists with a toddler running around.

I wouldn't change the noise because it was coming from my sweet sunshine girl.

I loosened my tie while I grabbed a glass for my whiskey, pouring a generous amount of the amber liquid. Working with family was great, until your brother in laws decided their favorite free time activity is making your life a living hell. Enzo and Dante weren't stubborn so to say, well not as stubborn as Aurora, but they definitely didn't budge on things. Like the new club were trying to open, so for the last six hours I've been going back and forth with them.

I finally sat on the couch, my eyes closing for minutes before a body slid in my lap. I placed a hand on her waist, opening my eyes to see my wife, the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on, smiling at me. "How're you doing mamma?"

"Better now that you're home," Aurora sighed in content when my thumb ran across her abdomen, she was wearing a cropped shirt, showing off her toned stomach, and a pair of sweats. Yet I wanted to ravish her like it was our first time. "Mamma called for the first time in years."

"Yeah? What did she say?"

"She wants to meet Adelina, apparently Uncle Antonio's friends saw Dante, Enzo, Adelina and I leaving lunch one day and got back to mamma that she has a grandchild."

"We can do whatever you want baby, just tell me and it's done."

"She doesn't deserve to meet my daughter," I hummed when Aurora spoke, taking a drink of my whiskey and settling back with her, "She doesn't get to come swoop in and act like she can fixed our relationship and be a wonderful grandmother. Maybe one day I'll forgive her," I kissed Aurora's shoulder. "But right now, she's loved so fully by you and I. My mother doesn't need to be involved. All the family Adelina needs is here."

"That they are," I rubbed Aurora's stomach, chuckling when she sighed. "She's our little miracle. And she's the most protected baby in New York. If you ever want her to meet your mother we'll arrange it."

Silence fell over us as we sat in our living room, the city lights dancing along the floors and up the walls. I hadn't been home in three days and I missed my girls more than anything in the world. My fingers played with the waistband of Aurora's sweats and she hummed, glancing at me briefly, "Have you thought about having another baby?"

"I'm not opposed to it," I kissed her shoulder again, "Are you wanting to make another baby?"

"What if I told you that we've already made one."

I froze, looking at her. "Aurora, don't play with me. Are we having another baby?"

"We are," she whispered, and I crushed my mouth to hers, swallowing the sounds she was letting out. "I got the early gender test back," she spoke against my mouth and I slipped my tongue in, swallowing a moan from her, "A baby boy."

I nibbled on her bottom lip before pulling back, just enough to press my forehead against hers. "You're the best thing to walk in my life. I love you Bambina."

"I love you Steve."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅