𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Aurora had fallen asleep on my chest.

After I managed to get her to eat buttered noodles, the red sauce reminded her of blood and she gagged when I put Alfredo on it because she was distraught, she pleaded with me to lay with her. So now, we're sitting in the middle of my king-sized bed, the comforter pulled lazily over us, and I was trailing my fingers along the length of her spine, staring at the ceiling. Aurora had quite literally become my kryptonite, because I should be in my office, securing allies while Coppola did his best to rally against me. Yet, I couldn't break her heart by leaving her alone when her thoughts were haunting her.

I glanced to the door when Bucky slipped through quietly, my phone clutched tightly in his hand. "I swear to God," I whispered, wrapping an arm tightly around Aurora's waist, keeping her flush against my body. "If you wake her up after she's just fallen asleep I'm going to murder you, bring you back to life, and murder you one more time."

Bucky, to his credit, didn't take my threats seriously, instead, he just unlocked my phone and handed it to me. Aurora shuffled when I pulled a hand away from her to grip the phone, lowering it so I could read the message. Bucky backed up, hiding in the shadows and I had a feeling it was because he was stressed about my reaction to whatever was on the screen.

Dante Coppola: My brother and I request a meeting, without our father

Steve Rogers: No.

Dante Coppola: I'm not above begging Rogers.

Steve Rogers: Start begging then, otherwise I'm returning my attention to your sister.

Dante Coppola: ....

Dante Coppola: My father has no idea we're requesting this. Please, Steve, he's gone off the rocker and we need help. I can't give more information over the phone. You can pick the meeting spot.

Steve Rogers: Your sister stays away from this meeting, it's just going to be you and Enzo, Red Light Club, Forty minutes.

Dante Coppola: We'll be there.

I locked the phone, setting it beside me before shifting Aurora over so she could lie on the pillow. "Get ready," I spoke softly, watching Aurora's fingers clench the blankets at the shift in position, her brows furrowing when my warmth was taken away from her. "I'll be downstairs in a few minutes, we're meeting Dante and Enzo at the Red Light." I heard Bucky grunt his understanding and the click of the door before I traced the shape of Aurora's face. She turned her head into my palm, searching for the comfort that I realized I was the only one who could grant.

With the moonlight streaming in through the window, I was taken back to the day I took her, the way that the silver light framed her body. How the moonlight made her eyes glow. Aurora wasn't just the Coppola princess, the woman everyone wanted their hands on. She was a goddess amongst mankind. Her silvery blonde hair framed her face, a light dusting of freckles across her tanned skin. She was so stunning sometimes it hurt to look at her. It was like looking in the sun. She was the sun, and I was the moon, but I was ready for them to collide. I was ready to drag her into the pits of hell with me so no one would ever see her beauty again. But I didn't want to take her freedom away. I wanted her to want to hide away with me.

"Bambina," I was surprised at how soft my voice came out when I spoke, my thumb trailing across her bottom lip, pulling the plump pink skin down before pressing a kiss to her chin. Aurora was intoxicating, she smelled of jasmine and chamomile, and she smiled like she was the sun. Her hazel eyes told stories her mouth never could, and she looked at me as a person now, no longer a monster. Aurora brought up feelings in my chest, something I wasn't used to, but I will always be thankful for. I thought I had lost them, lost the ability to fall for someone, to feel anything other than anger. But Aurora woke up the softer side of me. "Bambina," her brow furrowed again, rolling her head away from me to try and hang on to the remaining blanket of sleep, "I need you to wake up for me, just for a moment."