𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦
*𝘚𝘮𝘶𝘵*

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

There was so much to do in such a short amount of time.

But it could all wait, tonight I would rejoice in being a married man, and I would enjoy my wedding night. Aurora and I were in the penthouse alone, for the first time in a long time, I had a night off, and I was spending it with my new wife. My wife, a year ago I would've laughed at the thought, but right now, as I watched Aurora in the kitchen, humming as she made a dinner for us, I couldn't imagine my life being any other way. She was beautiful, the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. And she was mine, forever, I would never let her go, I couldn't let her go. I brought the glass of brandy up to my lips when she stuck the pasta dish into the oven, finally turning her attention on me, and when she strolled leisurely across the living room to drape herself across my lap, I was smitten, so utterly smitten. She was everything to me. La Mia Vita, my life, my world.

A hand slid across the flat plane of her stomach, curling around her hip to keep her close to me, her gray eyes alight with so much love it rendered me breathless. No one could ever compare to her, and if she left me, I would drive a knife into my own heart, and carve it out for her, because Aurora would be the only one who could have it, even if she didn't want it anymore. I loved her, I loved her so much I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. Not before, not now, not ever.

I brought her left hand up to my mouth, kissing the giant diamond that now sat prettily on her delicate finger. My wedding band had to be forgone for a while, just until the tattoo of her name healed properly, a permanent claim on my body, on the same hand that held that rose for my mother. Aurora smiled, her eyes staying on my lips that kissed the ring ever so gently. It was extravagant, yet simple, and elegant. And cost nearly a quarter of a million dollars, but it was worth it because it was one of a kind. "Being a wife suits you, baby," I chuckle, lowering her hand down to my abdomen, watching her fingers spread across my stomach, "Let me correct that, being my wife suits you. If you were anyone else's I would murder them in a heartbeat."

Aurora's laugh filled the air with its melodic sound and I grinned, pressing a kiss to her shoulder, "Good thing I don't want to be anyone else's wife." The diamond shimmered in the city lights when her hands reached up to undo the top button of my shirt, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

The buzzing sound coming from the intercom let us know someone was coming up in the elevator, and I swore if it was Bucky or Sam entered right now I would shoot them, they promised me one night, one night where they dealt with the shipments and lower level members, a night where I could just enjoy being a newlywed, to the woman who almost died to protect me, to protect my family. That's all I was asking, was for one night. Aurora stood as soon as the elevator doors opened, completely freezing when the people stepped into the room.

Because it was none other than Dante and Enzo.

I was ready to tell them to leave, to get out, but I saw Aurora's bottom lip wobble, before she slowly rounded the couch, the only piece of furniture that separated them. I waited for the fight, the anger, but Aurora let out a choked sob, stepping willingly into her brother's embrace, and they engulfed her. Hid her in between them, only the shining fabric of her white gown showed. "Congratulations," Enzo spoke softly, and I knew it was to Aurora right now, there was no malice, just sorrow, and suddenly I felt like an asshole for not alerting them of our wedding. No matter how angry Aurora was, they were her brothers, they had loved her, and they love her now. They raised her, they should've given her away.

"So proud of you kid," Dante whispered against the silvery strands of her hair, "We love you so much."

"I'm so sorry," Aurora sobbed, her shoulders shaking, "I'm so sorry for not speaking to you, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."