𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘚𝘪𝘹

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘢

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Aurora please."

I was trying to not lose my patience, walking around the gardens to try and escape my brothers as followed me. They had a meeting with Steve today, giving an update on my father I'm sure, but when Steve had to take a call, they instantly found me, and I wanted to cry, my life had become so peaceful without the Coppola's in my business, but now, as I bit down on my tongue to not scream, I felt the tears well up in my eyes. I hadn't forgiven them for what they did to me, I'm not sure I would ever be able to. They were complacent with everything my father did to me, and while they said they had no choice, they did, they always did.

"You stabbed him through the palm, you gave him nerve damage."

Enzo's voice was a repetitive sound that was making the hair on the back of my neck rise, and I know I should forgive him, I shouldn't be angry at him. But I was, and I am. So, I closed my eyes when I reached the fountain in the middle of the garden, looking at Hades and Persephone, suddenly wishing I could be in their place, stones, locked in time, probably when they were happy. Instead, I tilted my head back, letting the sunshine wash across my face and I let out a strangled sound, one I know made Dante whimper and rush to my side. But I shrugged off his hand, looking at my brothers for the first time since they had walked into the house. "That's not nearly enough pain for the amount he's put me through."

"Aurora-"

I spun on my heel so abruptly that Dante and Enzo stumbled back, "Do you want me to apologize? Because I won't, not now, not ever. Did I cause him damage? How unfortunate, but he's damaged me for years since I could walk all he's done is remind me of how little I mean, how my worth is how many children I can have, how much money I can make him," I was crying now, hot tears rolling down my cheeks. "For once in my life I stood up for myself, I proved my point, I am not weak anymore, I will never be weak anymore, so do not expect me to feel bad."

"Please," Dante whispered, "We want to be part of your life again."

That strangled sound came out again and I saw Sam moving along the edge of the garden, panic etched on his face, I knew he was going to get Steve, they always got him. I wasn't mad, Steve had become my safety net, especially because every single time I thought my feet were planted firmly on the ground, the world shifted again and I was being swallowed whole. "Just because Steve forgave you, or is tolerant of you," I whispered, looking to the deck where Steve had stepped out, frantically locating me and starting to walk across the garden, "Doesn't mean I have to, I respect what you do for him, but I do not have to forgive you just because you ask."

Before Dante or Enzo could reply, Steve was in front of me, cupping my face in his palms and putting himself between my brothers and me. "Look at me," He whispered, and I blinked rapidly, trying to focus on Steve, on the way his blue eyes locked on me with so much love that I could burst, on the tattoos that ran up his neck, on the plush lips that loved to lavish me with kisses. Slowly, the tears disappeared and Steve smiled at me, "There's my girl," I gave a weak smile, and rested my head against his chest when he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, keeping me against his body, "I know it's hard to see them," His lips were pressed to the top of my head, "I know, I'm sorry."

I shook my head, fatigue hitting me as I slumped against Steve. The recovery process from my surgery was still in full effect, and I always seemed to get that any major emotion that washed over me would send me into exhaustion I didn't know how to fight.

"I'm so tired," I whispered, feeling Steve's grip tighten on me. I was, I was exhausted of the constant shifting in my world, of the way my life was a joke to everyone but Steve and his men. I wanted to give up so many times, just lay in bed and never get out. But Steve pushed me every day, he didn't let me fall into the comfort of my sorrows. "I'm so tired Steve, I don't want to do this today."