𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦
*𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘵*

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Let me come, please," Aurora whined, her big eyes pleading with me, "I promise, I'll be good, I'll listen to everything you say."

I sucked air through my teeth, she had no idea what her whining and pleading did to me. It was already hard to be a gentleman around Aurora, but when she sat on the edge of the bed I was lying on, in nothing but my shirt and pouting, it made me ache. I wanted her so badly, I wanted to pin her to this mattress and not get up until she was a crying mess and my lower body physically hurt. But I couldn't, not until she was ready, and I'm not sure she would even know if she was ready. Instead, I flared my nostrils, regretting it instantly when her warm vanilla sugar lotion filled my senses. "Bambina," I warned, and she instantly snapped her jaw shut, plush lips being gnawed on, "I'm going to a gentlemen's club, I don't want you there, and I don't think you need to be there, I'd have to treat you differently, and I don't want to do that."

"What's a gentlemen's club?"

She was going to be the death of me, with her innocent questions and her bottom lip pushing out while she was thinking. "Come here bambina," I held a hand out for her, helping her straddle my lap before my hands rested on her hips, "A gentlemen's club is a nicer version of a strip club," When her head tilted to the side I smiled, reaching up to push some hair behind her ear, my sweet, innocent, girl. Sometimes I forget that she was locked in her house and used only as a prop at events, because she has a fight in her, a fire alight that I hold a match to, just to keep it burning. "Mine is called the Red Light Club, it's in upper Manhatten and has strict rules to keep my dancers, and employees safe, men have a membership, and if they so much as look at my dancers or employees wrong, they're banned," Aurora took my hand from her face, playing with my fingers as she traced the design on my hand, a rose, I got it for my mother.

"Then why can't I come?" Her voice was soft, and my heart cracked just a bit more, I was no better than Angelo by keeping her locked up, but I wasn't doing it to be controlling, not intentionally at least, I just wanted to keep her safe.

Aurora became the only thing I looked forward to, with her pouty smile and her bubbling laughter. She brought life back into my dying heart, and I wasn't fully used to that, I wasn't used to having something so precious in my life. But Aurora was my diamond, she was the jewel I coveted and I didn't want her tainted by dirty eyes, or wandering hands. I wanted her safe, so I could taint her when she was ready, when I was ready. Because I knew the second I got my hands on her she would consume me, every breath I took would be for her, every bullet I shot, would be for her, and every smile was all ready for her. I didn't want to risk losing her, not when I just got her to not seem like a monster, and that's exactly what I had to play tonight when I met with the Marcello family, a monster.

I took a deep breath, "Because Aurora," she pouted when I didn't use a nickname, "Bambina," her smile grew again, linking her fingers with mine and swinging our hands above my abdomen, she sure was a fidgety thing, and I figured it had something to do with anxiety, I imagined she didn't even know she had it. "I don't want you to see me in the role I have to play, you don't deserve to see me cruel."

Aurora paused, just long enough to say, "I'll never see you as a monster Steve, if that's what you're concerned about."

I blew out a breath, pulling her hand towards mine and pressing my lips to her knuckles, "You will after tonight if you come, I have to be," I paused, looking down to where her soft thighs were spread over my hips and fuck did she look good there, but I couldn't make her play a part, not after she's played a part for her whole life, "disrespectful, I have to act like I use my women and toss them aside, that after I fuck them," she flinched at the word and I chuckled, "I don't care about them."