𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Aurora. I needed to get to Aurora.

Timothy didn't catch me off guard, it was only a matter of time before he tried to come take her since he figured he owned her. Which is disgusting, so when I landed a bullet in his skull, I didn't feel any remorse. I was killing to keep Aurora safe, and I would never feel bad for that. But now that dead bodies littered my living room floor, I was panicking. I didn't see Aurora, and I had given her a pain pill she would've been knocked out. "Steve?" Bucky's voice yanked me out of my stupor, and I jumped over my now bloody couch, climbing the stairs so fast I was surprised they didn't break under my steps. Bucky was rushing behind me, trying to keep up with me when I threw the door open, hearing the drywall crack when the knob hit it. The bed was empty, the gun was missing from the bedside table, and my heart was thundering.

I ran over to the bed, my hand pressing on the mattress where she had been laying just hours ago. It was cold, and that made my throat close up. Did Timothy's men get to her? Is she trapped in a house she doesn't want to be in? I must have swayed because Bucky threw his arms under mine, holding me up. The room was spinning, "I can't lose her," I whispered, pushing myself away from Bucky and sitting on the edge of the bed. "I can't, not when I just got her back."

"Nat's gone too, Steve."

Sam ran up to the door, panting as he gripped the door frame, we all had blood splattered up us, but I knew they were both as nervous as I was. Natasha and Aurora being taken was a nightmare situation. Because if they had no problem offering up Aurora for marriage, what would stop them from doing the same to Nat? "Boss," Sam gasped and I blinked a few times to try and focus on the man. "The Bently, it's gone."

"Turn on the tracking," I told Bucky, glancing over to the closet, if she found that walkway, maybe they were out of here safe, and that's what I was hoping for when I finally got the nerve to walk into my closet, reaching for the shoe I knew I kept the flashlight in, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the relief that hit me when I found the boot empty of the illuminating device, was mind-numbing, because it gave hope that she was safe. I needed her to be safe. "Any update on the tracking?"

"Yes," Bucky walked into the closet, handing me the phone, "It's heading into the city, and from the off-ramp the car just took, it's heading towards the office."

"Grab Nelly," I told Sam, who reached across the mattress and gripped the purple elephant, careful to not smear blood on it. Ridiculous truly, that I shared so much love with that fucking plushie, but that same plushie got me through the nights she wasn't waking up, and I'll be damned if it's not a good luck charm, "Let's go, we're going to the office."

No one fought with me as we all filed out of the house, leaving the clean-up teams to discard the bodies and clean up the blood. I was trying not to show it, but I was shaking, anxiety was clawing at my chest, and if Aurora wasn't at my office, I would absolutely walk into the Coppola house and kill every single man. I was tempted to anyway because Angelo had the gal to order the attack on my home, the one place of sanctuary I have. Not once have I ever spilled blood on his family property, I've kept it clean, even when I took Aurora, I never spilled a drop of blood. But he came in to try and kill me, to get his hands on my girl, my future wife, and now it was game over for him, he would be destroyed.

We took the SUV, Bucky was in the passenger seat, Sam sitting in the back as I started the engine, tossing that plush elephant into Bucky's lap If I didn't know how much that goddamn plush meant to her, I would've left it at the house. But I knew Aurora, and she would act strong until she was utterly alone and then she would break, needing me and the plush that Dante had bought her as a little girl.