One: Knock, knock. Who's there?

Cimani.

"I cant lose, when I'm with you!" I sung my heart out as I drove down the empty road. It was now going on 4 AM, I had just got off of work at 'SWEETS OF NY." It was my third week as a bottle girl and I can't even lie, I liked it. Being that I was 23 now, and struggling to make money at my minimum wage job I took a leap of faith, and quit. I moved out of my parents house when I was 17, ready to be on my own since I didn't really get along with the household. The only person in that house that I am in contact with is my younger sister: Chloé.

My parents weren't the worst, they just grew up in a toxic environment and just so happened to deflect their anger and trauma onto their kids. I've always knew I was leaving home early, I just didn't know how. By 16 I had mastered every craft you can think of. Hair, eyelashes, makeup, and even drawing. A way to save money, and also make money. Although I stopped doing other peoples hair, makeup, and eyelashes I benefited a lot from it. Brought myself my first car, apartment, and just everything I wanted and needed.

Pulling into my parking garage, I sighed as I grabbed my duffel bag, throwing over my shoulder and hopping out of my New 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class. It was a gift from an ex lover turned friend: Jared. He & I had history, and I didn't see us ever leaving each other alone.

I yawned as I stuck my key into my door and pushed it open. Im so glad I deep cleaned my apartment a few days ago because I hate being exhausted and coming home to a dirty house. I kicked my shoes off at the front door and headed down the hall to my bedroom, It was spacious and girly enough for my liking. I dropped my bag into my walk-in closet and immediately stripped out of my Nike two piece thermal set. I tossed that into the dirty clothes before walking into my bathroom that was attached to my room.

I turned the shower on and let it run a little while before tying my scarf around my head and stepping in. I let out a deep sigh of relief as the hot water trickled down my body. I knew this bottle girl shit wasn't going to last long because I had been so tired from working overtime at the club.

10 minutes into my shower I heard a loud scream which caused me to jump, almost falling over in the damn shower. I sucked my teeth, before sliding open the glass door to the shower, I was a little startled because the scream was so loud it sounded if it came from inside my house.

Slipping my slides on I huffed as I made my way to my bedroom window, from where my room was located I could see almost everything that was happening in the apartment complex across the street. There was a room with a balcony right across from mine, which made my eyebrows raise. There stood two men, and one female. I watched as the female attacked the man with the longer braids and the man with the shorter braids tried to break it up. 'They must be related.' I thought to myself, because the resemblance was uncanny. They looked like siblings, from the height, the braids, down to them both being tatted from almost head to toe.

"Ayana, have you lost your fucking mind? Don't ever put your hands on my brother." The one with the shorter braids yelled as he pinned the girl against the balcony. I gasped and slapped my hand over my mouth.

My heart froze and I quickly closed my blinds and curtains as the man's eyes snapped in my direction. I didn't think they would be able to hear me due to the fact that they were literally in the whole other side of the apartment complex.

My hands felt sweaty as I made my way to my bathroom to get dressed, I locked the door behind me as I bit down on my lip. That man stared dead in my face, he knows I seen him choking that girl and I was honestly hoping he wouldn't come to my house and threaten me because of what I saw.