Twenty-eight: Gangsta's Cry.

SITTING IN his mauve Mercedes-Benz GLB truck, Ezriah rolled up his third blunt of the night

SITTING IN his mauve Mercedes-Benz GLB truck, Ezriah rolled up his third blunt of the night. The sun was setting, and as he sat outside the house that Cimani and Ashley shared, he couldn't help but to sigh as he brung the blunt in between his lips.

The image of Flocko taking his last breath replayed in his head, a thousand times over. He was trying his hardest to escape it but he couldn't.

He was grateful that his brother was alive, he just wished it was under better circumstances. A part of him wished that Ermias was kidnapped by a stranger, a lost soul. A nameless face, somebody that he'd kill and go on about his day after.

That wasn't the case though, and the spiral of events that came after everything was making him question every aspect of his life.

This type of betrayal was one he'd seen before, but ten times worse. He could only imagine how Nipsey felt, although they had spoke the night after everything went down Ezriah was avoiding his brother. A part of him felt as if all of this was fault. Maybe if he didn't go attack him, Flocko wouldn't have did it. Either way—Flocko kidnapped Ermias before Ezriah even confronted him, and was going to snake them out one way or another.

Letting out a cough, Ezriah's bloodshot eyes dashed from his blunt, to his phone as he felt it start to ring. It was none other than Cimani, whom had been waiting for him to bring her snacks, and sanitary napkins for over an hour.

She knew he was tedious with everything that he did, but she was bleeding heavily and wanted to shower, and lay down and indulge in some Häagen-Dazs Caramel Cone ice cream.

Ezriah answered her call and put it on speaker so that the phone could rest in his lap as he focused on relighting his blunt. "I'm outside baby, I'm about to come in now." He reported before she could even speak. He knew she had an attitude and didn't want to argue.

Cimani sat in bed with her hand over her forehead as she frowned. "I'm not rushing you baby, I'm just tired. I want you." She admitted as she awaited his response.

Her words made his tense nerves soften, his entire body had been tense ever since he left out the house. Hearing Cimani's voice calmed him down, it gave him a sense of peace.

"I'll be right there baby girl." He said huskily as he put out his blunt and ended the call once he heard Cimani mumble: "Okay."

Grabbing his phone, weed, and rolling tray Ezriah turned his car off and made his way up to the door step. The door was unlocked so he just made his way inside, kicking his shoes off he made his way towards the stairs.

As he made his way towards the bottom of the steps, Nipsey was making his way down. The two of them locked eyes and Ezriah tried to speak but Nipsey cut him off. "Stop actin' like you scared to speak to me or something nigga." He scoffed as he bumped past his brother. His lip was still a little busted and he now had a permanent scar above his eye, a daily reminder of one of the worst times of his life.