Chapter 11

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather for a Clan meeting!" Violetstar's voice called, pulling Leopardpaw's attention away from the prey she shared with her brother. She looked towards the leader who was standing in the center of camp with Swiftheart and Oneflight on either side of her.

Ripplepaw stood up along with her, limping towards the center of camp. Leopardpaw allowed her brother to lean on her as they approached the meeting. She also spotted Shellstorm who was sitting with his own siblings, he gave her a warm look and she felt her stomach flutter. She turned away from him and focused on the meeting,

Once every cat had gathered, Violetstar began. "Last night, Oneflight received a warning from StarClan." Leopardpaw instantly felt her body tense, wondering if it was about the war. "They warned him of a major storm coming up, a blizzard that will completely cover the territories in snow." Leopardpaw wasn't sure if she needed to be relived that it wasn't about the war, or scared of the storm.

"We have six days before that storm arrives and we will be spending that time preparing. I want dens reinforced, all the prey you can possibly catch and all the herbs we can gather."

"I'll be splitting up the duties between us all so you will all focus on one task." Swiftheart spoke up. "We want to be prepared as soon as possible."

"When the storm actually hits, no one will be allowed to leave. Prey will be distributed amongst the dens and you will be expected to stay inside and stay warm. Each den will also be given a small amount of herbs and someone will be given basic herb training just in case. Oneflight will be with any sick cats in the medicine cat den and Brokenclaw will be in the nursery with Rainpetal and her kits, and I will be in the elder's den with the elders." Violetstar explained further. "Since we only have two apprentices, some of our younger warriors will be in the apprentice den with Leopardpaw and Ripplepaw. This includes Shellstorm, Minnowstream, Meadowsong Ferretpelt, Swanfeather and Mothpool."

Leopardpaw felt slight excitement at the idea of sharing a den with Shellstorm again, but she shoved those thoughts away for now. "Let me get to those assignments." Swiftheart stepped forward. "Breezetail, Peachblossom, Tallsong, and Leopardpaw will be in charge of hunting and bringing in as much prey as possible. Ebonywing, Ashfeather and Daisyheart will be helping Oneflight gather herbs. Ashfeather, Brokenclaw, myself, Mothpool, Ferretpelt and Shellstorm will be reinforcing dens. Minnowstream, Meadowsong, Swanfeather and Berryheart will be checking the borders twice a day until the storm."

Each cat took note of their roles and talked amongst themseleves for a few miutes. "The cats who wil receive herb training are Violetstar, Brokenclaw, Ripplepaw and Ebonywing. In the next few days you are to visit Oneflight once a day to receive your training, with the exception of Ripplepaw who is already in the den recovering from his injury."

"Will Mosswind, Pigeonpelt and Icepool be alright?" Tallsong asked about the sick cats in the den.

Oneflight nods. "I'll be caring for them. In the case of a severe emergency call for me and I will come to you, do not try and come to me."

"We've survived hard weather before, and this will be no different." Violetstar continued speaking. "Work hard and we will come out of this just fine."

"What about AshClan?" Brokenclaw asked, flicking his tail. "Leaving our borders unchecked for so long doesn't sit right with me. What's to stop Riverstar from taking advantage of us."

"This storm will be affecting all five Clans." Violetstar reminded him. "If Riverstar wants to risk her warriors freezing to death to come attack us, then that's on her."

"I was shown what the territories will look like." Oneflight added on. "It would be completely mousebrained of any cat to leave their dens let alone their camp."