Chapter 25

"Be careful you two!" Rainpetal called after her two clumsy kits. Leopardpshine watched from nearby, purring in amusement as the two little kits started to find their legs. Lakekit was definitely a bit more stable than Icykit, the tiny white tom struggled to get around as much as his brother, but he was certainly doing his best.

Leopardshine noticed Brokenclaw leaving the medicine cat, the dark tabby had very visible scarring on his eye, given to him by Slateheart. They were jagged and still looked fresh, still covered in herbs but clearly Oneflight had cleared him to leave the medicine cat den. He looked like he was struggling and Leopardshine could tell that his eye was damaged, rumors had been going around that he had lost most of his vision in that eye.

Still, Brokenclaw was determined to go see his kits. She watched the large warrior cross the camp towards Icykit and Lakekit. They quickly spotted their father coming and they rushed over to him. He purred loudly as he fell to his side and let his kits crawl all over him while Rainpetal watched him with love in her eyes.

Seeing the happy family and it made something stir inside of her. She couldn't help but imagine herself in the same position with Shellstorm. The thought of having a family with him made her heart flutter, but she pushed the thoughts away. She was too young, she had only been a warrior for a few days, but the thought still lingered.

She was waiting patiently for Shellstorm to return from his patrol, they had made plans to go hunting together and she couldn't wait. Her paws tingled with excitement and her heart raced. In the few days since earning her warrior name, Leopardshine and Shellstorm had spent everyday together. It was no questioning what they were, but either of them had yet to say it.

She felt so happy when she was with him, he made her laugh and she felt so free next to him. Her heart fluttered just thinking about him, she felt like a lovesick dove but she was okay. Ripplestem continued to tease her about it, but again it didn't bother her.

She saw Shellstorm's patrol return, led by Ebonywing, and she instantly perked up from where she sat. She admired every little detail of him, his silver flecked pelt, his lean but muscular form and his crystal clear blue eyes. He looked at her and his eyes instantly softened, reminding her of the heather that grew on the moorland.

The patrol broke away as they reported to Swiftheart and she watched as Shellstorm happily trotted up to her. "Hey there, you look like you're waiting for something." He teased with a playful flick of his tail.

She purred in return, waving her tail as well. "Whoever could that be." She purred happily, nuzzling his cheek. "How was the patrol?" She asked sweetly.

"It was good, river is starting to rise though." He explained. "With all the snow, Ebonywing thinks we'll have flooding. She wants to talk about prepping the Clan so we don't deal with it."

"Think the flooding will be bad?" She thought nervously, glancing towards the nursery.

"I don't think it will reach camp." Shellstorm rested his chin on her head, touching his tail to her shoulder. She felt reassured by his words. "And if it does reach camp, we have those areas in the back of the territory that are higher ground for the kits."

"You're right." She mewed softly. "We'll be alright." She rose to her paws. "Are you ready to hunting?" She asked. "Or do you want some more rest?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but something else caught Shellstorm's eyes. "Looks like we have to wait." He mewed. Leopardshine turned to see what he was talking about and saw Violetstar leaving her den, she looked ready to call a Clan meeting.

Sure enough she strode to the center of camp and began speaking. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather for a Clan meeting!" Leopardpshine looked at Shellstorm curiously, they could only assume it was about the war. The leader patiently waited for her Clan to gather before she began the meeting.