Chapter 28

Leopardshine woke up with a groan, feeling incredibly sick to her stomach. Her eyes fluttered open as she felt the nausea hit her. Shellstorm was curled up neck to her, snoring quietly. She could see that it was just before dawn, but she couldn't stay in her nest, she felt stuffy and sick.

She carefully rose to her paws, doing her best not to wake Shellstorm. As she stepped over him, he rolled onto his back and she couldn't help but think how cute he was. She left the den and welcomed the cool early morning air rustle her golden fur.

She sat down outside the warriors den and took several deep breaths, trying to quell her upset stomach. She tried to think of what could've caused it, she thought of the prey she ate most of which had been shared with Shellstorm and he didn't seem to be feeling in ill effects, he slept as hard as he usually did. She wondered if any of the other cats were sick, maybe there was some kind of stomach bug going around the camp.

She would go see Oneflight when he woke up, not wanting to trouble the medicine cat with her stomach issues so early in the morning. She sat outside the den and took several deep breaths, enjoying the cool air and allowing her body to relax.

The nausea didn't go away and she started to feel cold so Leopardshine returned to the warriors den to warm up with Shellstorm. She snuggled up close to the silver top and nuzzled into him, breathing in his scent which seemed to make her feel better, even if just a little bit.

As she got close she felt him stir and he let out a groan following by a big yawn. "You alright?" Shellstorm asked quietly.

She nodded slowly. "Yeah, just feeling a little sick to my stomach."

He rolled over on his side to look at her, his blue eyes soft and tired. "Get some more rest." He began rasping his tongue over her ears and she felt her entire body relax. She nuzzled into his chest and closed her eyes, being surrounded by his warmth she managed to fall back into a peaceful sleep.

Leopardshine woke up feeling a bit better, but that nauseous feeling was still there. She noticed Shellstorm was gone, probably out on patrol and most of the patrol was empty except for the cats who had been on the night patrol.

She sat up in her nest and yawned, stretching out her limbs. She left the den, hoping she hadn't missed too much. Her eyes scanned the camp and she saw Shellstorm getting ready to leave. She quickly trotted over to him, checking in with him before he left.

"Hey there." He purred loudly as he saw her. "How you feeling? I told Swiftheart you weren't feeling well so he said you could take it easy for the day."

"Thank you." She purred in return, glad he looked out for her so much. "I'm feeling a little better, but I think I'm going to go talk to Oneflight still, just to be safe."

"Good call." Shellstorm says with sparkling eyes. "I'll see you when I get back." He touched his nose to Leopardshine's before following the sunhigh patrol out of the camp and onto the moorland. She watched him, her heart swelling with love for him.

She managed to stop purring before she walked to Oneflight's den. She was greeted by the faint scent of herbs which only served to aggravate her sickness but she managed to keep it down. The light-colored tabby was busy organizing some herbs, her seemed stressed, but not as much not what leaf-bare was coming to an end.

"Oneflight?" She spoke the medicine cat's name quietly, getting his attention as to not startle him.

Oneflight turned his head and eyed her curiously. "Is everything alright?" She could sense the edge to his voice, clearly he was worried that something bad had happened. She couldn't blame for immediately jumping to something bad, especially after all he had been through in the past season.