Chapter 29

Owlbreeze happily cleaned up her den, feeling at peace as she was finally able to get her den in order. She had been neglecting her cleaning duties in the midst of leafbare and it had ended up getting quite messy with scraps of dried herbs, moss and dust.

She sweeped up the herb scrabs and dust into a neat little pile in the corner while she sorted her herbs. She got rid of any old, dried out or rotting herbs and took note of all the herbs she was running out of. She would have to spend the next few days gathering the herbs, and it honestly excited her.

She was the glad the snow as mostly gone so the herbs would start growing again and she could have a well stocked medicine den again. After the harsh leaf-bare and getting rid of the old herbs her stores were pretty barren and empty, she would fill it up as soon as she could.

She carefully discarded the herb scraps outside of her den and returned to fix up her own nest. She often destroyed it in her sleep due to her anxious dreams, but now that Troutstream was finally out of the den and she was alone in the den again, she made herself an extra large nest so she could be comfortable and hopefully destroy it less.

She made her nest perfectly and looked down at it proudly. Her den was spotless and though it may not last long, she was happy with it for now. She felt her stomach growl and her tail twitched, she now realized she had been working on cleaning her den all morning without eating and decided to help herself to some prey.

She left the den, breathing in the early newleaf air. She absolutely loved the cool air and she could tell her Clanmates did too. Only a few remained in camp while the others were out patrolling. She specifically saw Riverstep sunning herself in a patch of sunlight while her tiny kits played next to her. They were just starting to find their legs and with ears and eyes wide open, they were rearing to go.

Owlbreeze was so excited to see the little kits, as well as Flamepetal's kits when she eventually had them. MountainClan was growing, and she was so excited to see it happen. She missed her family, but Owlbreeze quickly realized she had zero regrets about moving to MountainClan, she knew this was where she belonged. She felt so attached and loved by her Clanmates.

Owlbreeze padded over to the fresh-kill pile, making sure she would eat plenty before her trip to the Spirit Garden tonight, which was honestly the thing she was least looking forward today.

She used to love going to the Spirit Garden, but lately StarClan was her greatest cause of stress. Every time she was visited by Mosscloud they warned her about the war, sending her horrible visions that left her shaken and terrified. She needed them to realize that she couldn't stop this war, she tried and it didn't work. The war was happening, and the cats they really needed to be talking to about stopping it were Riverstar and Violetstar or at least Blackstorm and Oneflight, not her.

She shoved her thoughts about the half-moon to the back of her mind for now and began eating the mouse she picked off the fresh-kill pile. She sat outside of her den eating the prey in a patch of sunlight, enjoying the warmth from the sun on her light pelt.

She watched as the sunhigh patrol returned, they were laughing and seemed to be enjoying themselves, everything seemed perfect in MountainClan. Leafbare was over and despite a minor amount of flooding, the Clan was safe. She knew Mountainstar would not let them get involved in the war, and the other Clans with the exception of Riverstar didn't seem to want them involved which she was grateful for, she just wanted her Clan to focus on growing and thriving.

She finished her prey and discarded the remains before deciding to head out into the forest. She would gather some herbs on her way out and store them away, grabbing them on her way back from the Spirit Garden, she really didn't have anything else to do with her time.