eleven

UNCOMFORTABLE,

That's what I felt when we entered, over an exaggerated French restaurant that cost more than a million dollars. The weather wasn't bone chilling but the trembling and the shiver that was tingling my skin, it was saying opposite. Alex made it official that we were together. He kept his hand intertwined with mine, not letting go of me for a second. The wild hammering of my heart was warning me of a heart attack. The blossom of unknown disposition in my heart was driving me insane at some dark and sensual point.

"The table is ready?" Alex's husky tone coldly spoke breaking the wall of my zone.

"Mr. Vesper." The blonde behind the desk saluted Alex with a practiced smile on her red lips, it was a knowing smile too. I am not surprised that the woman already is acquainted with him. Her eyes briefly fell on me as her blue eyes glued on me for a few seconds and then our hands. But she quickly darted her eyes off me, not letting me read any ensuing judgements that might have itching her inside.

A relief of peace washed over my heart when the woman didn't show an ounce of disgust in her face when she saw me.

"Aron, Please escort Mr. Vesper and his guest to their table." She professionally instructed looking at another worker of the place who bowed his head a little before showing us our table with a smile on his face but the fear was visible as clear sky in his eyes.

Too much formalities and,

They are acting as if Alex is a king.

Tell me one thing, if someone takes out a duck baby and places it under the protection of a lion saying the lion is going to take care of it like its own then what would you say about this? That's what I am feeling like here. I don't belong in a shiny place. I work in a diner not in a multimillion dollar company. My food doesn't cost hundreds of dollars, it costs a few dollars for a test like shit.

Sitting here and eating the food that they are going to serve will be out of my dream. It's not like I don't have any idea about the food or restaurant manner. I know them all too well but I have never practiced them and that was flipping my stomach. What if I make a mess here and embarrass the hell out myself? The mountain of over thinking crawled over my nerves, licking me dry of my confidence and trust on my own as the salty substance of cold sweat accumulated on my forehead.

The electrified touch of Alex cell wasn't leaving me and it was another matter of concern that was making me light on my feet. I couldn't focus on anything now. My own thoughts and consciousness is playing games with me, letting me not hold a gasped.

"Relax, I am here." A soft whisper innocently graced my eardrums automatically dropping my stomach. The paroxysm of unknown emotion bloomed in the speed of light in my blood and heart, spinning my head. I slowly look at the man who deprived me of my will.

I blinked at him rapidly making him smile lightly and look forward. He confused me the way no one does on this earth. Even my emotions don't even play hide or seek with me that Alex's face plays. I pushed aside the dangerous thought of feeling something for him. There is no way.

Never.

By the time, we arrived at our booth. A fancy one with luxury dripping like honey from honeycomb. The guy, Aron rushed to a side moving the chair for me smiling at me with his gentleman smile. I smiled back politely but my smile wiped away when Alex spoke coldly.

"Leave and bring the menu." The glare that he was giving the poor guy, for a moment I thought he was going to burn with the heat of Alex's glare. He let go of my hand and took a seat not even offering me to sit first. The shadow of amaroidal conceited personality was back, painting his sky dark while mine too. The fire that lit up a few minutes ago by his supportive words in my heart was now far gone, restoring the bitter test.