twenty-nine

The funny thing about this chapter is, I wrote it the moment I posted chapter 28. The last few line was giving me trouble and that's why I couldn’t update.

Enjoy.

SUCCESSFULLY A week elapsed with the blink of an eye. Even though I am saying the blink of an eye, it was excruciating. My heart whined and pined at the loss of touch with Alex. He didn’t call, neither did I. Emptiness has been eating me since then. After my confession, I didn’t encounter him at the restaurant. The blond was missing too.

The group was about to grill me for my fluffy eyes and it seemed like they didn’t see Alex, except Ryan. That’s why he followed me to the bathroom. Ryan said I was having my period. That almost made me choke with water. He said that so casually as if I was his girlfriend. The group was stunned for a moment then he said, 'Normalize things, guys. You are reminding me of old days.'

That’s how I was saved by Ryan.

The part that aggravated me was Alex's being all possessive and mad about me ignoring him when he was partying with a woman. As I said before, I don’t have any right on him but still we had a deal. We both signed there. He even warned me about having a relationship with another man. But here, he was the one who broke the rule.

I even cried when I got back to the apartment. Every single thing was reminding me about him. I was at the edge for the whole time because I was scared what if he called and said, 'Ok Mason, whatever you want. I will break our arrangement because I have that beautiful blonde now.'

Chill ran down to my spine whenever I thought of those assumptions. I waited for his call like a shameless woman and again I prayed to god that he may not call me.

Confused shit.

The rushing footsteps deaf me as I dragged my tired legs towards the seminar hall. Currently, Mr. Morenic demanded the presence of all the members of our floor. It would be the first time I am going to see him in real life. Though once I met him in the elevator but the only thing I saw was his back.

"He is wearing a Ralph Lauren suit. I saw him this morning." Levi excitedly chimed as he fixed his tie.

"He must be looking beyond mouth watering." Ria said with a dreamy tone.

Ryan chuckled at their behaviour. Adam just cursed with eye rolling. Juliette shook her head in disbelief as she seemed disappointed in her so-called child, Levi and Ria.

"He is mouth watering. I wonder how he fucks men like me." Levi stated, empathizing on our boss being, mouth watering but we all came in a halt when we heard him. Levi and Ria were still non-stop talking and walked away from us not noticing that we all were shocked.

"You didn’t know that?" Adam said with a poker face as he stared at Juliette.

"Know what?" Juliette glared at Adam.

"That your love interest is a bisexual." Adam casually said and walked away, leaving me with Ryan who was smiling  sympathetically, Travis who was frowning and flushed Juliette.

Our eyes were on Juliette now. Her face paled as she gulped harshly. It's like any time soon she is gonna faint.

"Kent is not my love interest." She defended herself and glared at the way where Adam was.

"Let's go." Travis pulled Ryan by hand and walked away.

"Juliette?" I softly called her while touching her arm.

"He is not my love interest." She reiterated the claim as her eyes desperately looked into mine.

I don’t know why she looked so upset. It's normal nowadays. People have been manifesting their sexuality openly. I was just slightly shocked at Levi's comment, knowing all too well that he has a thing for men like our boss. He always makes fun of these things. Just didn't know he was bi.