seventeen

Alex Vesper

HAVE YOU felt something so eccentric yet alleviating, vociferous yet so calming and so overwhelming but so soothing?

That's how I am feeling now. My heart was beating thunderously against my chest, making me unstable on my feet because my breathing was going on a pace of being called unspeakable. Her smile isn't bothering me, instead of that it was unfolding the petals of thousands of flowers in my heart.

Whatever happens it feels good.

"Hello, Mr. Vesper." She greeted, with the same soul-catching smile adorning her face like some expensive necklace holding an encrusted diamond.

Why does she look so happy?

What made her so happy that she is talking to me so sweetly?

But why the fuck my heart is burning at the thought of something else making her happy rather then me?

'You only make her cry'

A voice whispered in my head.

But the air shifted a bit when I just stared at her like an eccentric freak, saying nothing. Her sunshine eyes scanned me with a soft gesture making me anxious and uncomfortable. It's a kind of uncomfortableness that feels good.

"Mr. Vesper, are you ok?" A Honey-like sweet voice asked, snapping me out from the haze of hypnotism.

I cleared my throat, realising whatever I was doing or acting like, it was hella stupid and inappropriate. I endeavour my best to bring back my cold hearted bastard face and raise one of my eyebrows with an unimpressed look.

"I am fine. Are you going to let me in or just smile for no reason?" I said in my usual cold tone, feeling the old vibes in my cells like before. But abruptly all my incentive vigour turned into water when her smile wiped away, replacing a touch of embarrassment and something I couldn't pinpoint.

Her face felt like a hot knife being twisted through my heart.

"Come in." She softly whispered, looking down on the ground and also opening the door for me.

The moment, I entered the apartment, my nostrils were engulfed by the delicious smell of chocolate, following another mouth watering asian dish called Biriyani. What is she preparing? But what is so happy about?

"Do you want coffee?" She asked walking towards the way where I sat down while running a marathon in my head about her being way too happy.

"Yeah." I said, clearing my throat appearing as a tough guy. I kept the annoyed face plastered and took out my phone, pretending as if I don't give a two fuck about anything.

Abruptly, my eyes grew wide as everything stopped around me. The atmosphere was so intense that I could hear the droplet landing on the sink from the faucet, from the living room. I slowly looked at the woman who was frozen in her position, while staring at me with a soft look on her face but a smile too as it threw in a world of chaos. A warm sensation creeped through me making me blink rapidly in embarrassment.

My stomach just growled so out loud.

I haven't eaten anything since lunch.

"I made Chicken Biriyani, would you have some?" She murmured politely almost making me believe that I was sitting in a restaurant. My mouth watered when I heard about the food. I shifted on the couch and took a deep sigh.