twenty-four

NEVER THOUGHT being exhausted would feel that good, until now. The whole day was hectic but awfully satisfying. It's perhaps the effect of being alive after a long time. It's probably the test of happiness that I sought like a lost soul in every corner of my world. Or It's the heart melting and souls-catching sentiments that were ranging inside me while waiting for the right time to come out.

That's the adrenaline that is pumping through my veins, bruiting head spinning hormones while nourishing my cells. I couldn’t explain the emotions that have been accelerating inside me since I sat down on my seat. Actually I couldn’t believe that I was standing on my feet and breaking down the walls of my misery.

After retouching my last file I closed it and gathered my stuff. A stupid smile won't leave me alone for a moment.

"Ana, you are leaving?" Levi pipped out from my side, making me flinch.

Lord what am I going to do with this flinching?

"Levi, don’t do that." Ria warned Levi, glaring with her beautiful eyes. She probably noticed me flinching all the time.

"What? Why is she leaving? Aren’t we supposed to give her a welcoming dinner today?" Levi was devastated. His face was saying he was betrayed by everyone here, on my behalf.

I awkwardly stood on my feet looking at my colleagues who seemed like they were caught up while robbing.

"When Ria joined us we did give her a welcome party then what changed about Ana?" Levi seems traumatised. He was being over dramatic, especially with those eye rolling and gasping.

"Nothing changed about her. Can you shut up." Travis joined the conversation and commenced gathering his stuff on his desk.

"And we were going to take her to dinner. We just didn’t tell you." Juliette informed as she and Ria burst out into a fit of laughter as they high five. Adam and Ryan across us snorted at the same time, making the whole exchange jolly and funny.

I slowly looked at Levi who was now genuinely upset.

My lower stomach dropped when I realised what I was going to experience with these people. My heart melted at the side as a range of emotions ran through me.

"Guys!" I said in a small tone looking at Ria and Juliette. I couldn’t hold back my laughter too but I kinda felt bad for Levi.

"Let's go Ana." Ria encouraged, standing on her feet as the rest of the members also did the same.

"Guys, I need to use the washroom." I announced as a hundred shades of embarrassment shrouded my cheeks. I hastily walked towards the washroom, silently but the glee of foreign happiness tingled my stomach.

I hummed a song while washing my hands. I look at my face and scrutinise the glint of my eyes.

Good things take time to happen.

I walked back where my colleagues were waiting for me. When I reached them they were busy looking down at something. Ryan was sitting on his desk holding something as everyone circled him.

"It looks like her." Levi whined loudly, making Travis look at him, unimpressed.

"She probably looks like her." Ria argued.

"It's her. Can't you see the hair. They are long." Levi poked again, grumpily pointing something with his hand.

I couldn’t see what they were looking at or what they were talking about.

"It's her." Adam murmured, confirming with confidence.

"What happened?" All of them jumped up as if I caught them planning my murder.