thirty-one

RED ROSES bloomed in my blood as my head spun in a motion that was too fast for me to handle. Reposeful warmth emerged like apricity on my skin as sweet shiver danced down to my spine. For a brief moment I thought it was my confused brain that was making me see and feel things. But I was pulled back to harsh reality when teeth sink in the flesh of my bottom lip, making me hiss in pain and pleasure.

I clutched on his bicep, holding on my balance as he devoured me with his mouth. He released an animalistic grunt when my hands subconsciously reached the nap of his neck. Our lips moved in unison as the smacking and low moans filled the air.

It was hard to believe at first but it was happening.

He is kissing me.

I am kissing him.

We are kissing.

His lips test like the same champagne I had. The intoxicating woody and spicy scent of his presence was wobbling my knees.

I wrapped my hands around his neck. Autocratically his arms embraced my body. One hand rested on my hip and one against my cheek. He pulled me towards his sturdy body, almost crushing me.

"She was my cousin." He whispered breaking our lips. With wide eyes I stared at him. My lungs were lacking oxygen while drying my throat and lips simultaneously.

His wild eyes matched mine, which was clouded with dark mist of lust. My core clenched when he shifted his eyes on my lips then into my eyes, almost fainting me on the spot.

"What?" I asked like a dumb.

"The girl you saw that day with me was my baby cousin. She came back from France after three years." He murmured in a lethargic voice while tilting his head, watching me intensely.

The images from that day flashed making me speechless instantly.

But then my heart squeezed with excruciating pain when I remembered about other women, the picture. The rosy moment twisted, shutting down the delicious test of hormones in my soul. I instantly drew a decent distance between us. I know that’s none of my business that who he slept with but my heart was so petty that couldn’t erase the disturbing image from my memory.

I draw a unwanted distance between us.

Alex's face curved into a deep perplexed frown as he scrutinised my body language carefully.

I want to run away right now because I feel like crying.

"Ana..."

"I want to leave." I said interrupting him.

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Anger commenced accumulating on his face making my heart jump in my throat.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He snapped taking a perilous step towards me.

"There is no problem." I retorted with my shaking tone.

Silence slipped between us as he watched me again, making me more anxious. I don’t know since when I turned into a person who isn’t trying to talk about matters. If I asked him about those women he might give me an explanation. But that oddly feels embarrassing. It's like I am going to ask for the wrong thing. It’s like I am going to overstep and cross my limits.

"Stop fucking around, Ana. I am being patient with you since you pulled a stunt with that nerd from your office now with that so-call benevolent Morenic, who is worse than a psychopath. So, don’t test me and tell me what the fuck is your problem." He nearly raised his voice, glaring with his hot like lava eyes.

"You are the one who is playing with me." I snapped when anger washed over me.

"How so? if you don’t tell me how the fuck I am gonna know?"