22

"My little baby! Oh Ra how I've missed you." Tears began to well in her eyes as she reached up to wrap her arms around my neck, pulling me down closer to her. 

"I've missed you too mom. I'm sorry it took so long to get here. A lot of things happened since I last saw you." I whispered into her neck as I hugged her with all my might.

"I know. Set told me that you've been through a lot recently. I'm here for you." She smiled as she pulled back to look at me. "And you're father isn't here, so you don't have to worry about that."

"Thanks mom. I just wanted to visit and show my friends my home." As soon as I mentioned them that's when she finally noticed the two other people behind me.

"Oh my. Look at these two gorgeous young men. You sure know how to pick them Horus." She swooned her brown eyes lighting up in excitement. She smoothly pulled her long black hair to the side, running her fingers through it as she took them both in.

"Mom!" I bristled. "It's not like that."

"Little bird, don't lie to your mother like that." Jali chuckled as he dropped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer. "It's very nice to meet you. I'm Jali."

"And my name is Malin. It's a pleasure to meet you." Malin spoke up, coming to my other side.

"It is very nice to meet the both of you. I'm sure you can all stay in Horus' room, it's definitely big enough and you'll be able to stay close to each other." She smirked.

"It's not like that." I sighed again knowing she wouldn't drop this regardless.

"No judgement my sweet child." She smiled. "I'm off to finish some work but we will meet again for dinner. I expect everyone will be attending."

"Of course mother."

With that she nodded her head and practically glided off from us, her attendant trailing not that far behind her. With a sigh, I shrugged off Jali's arm and spun to glare at his laughing face. Malin was also trying to hide a laugh as he stepped to the side.

"Don't give her any ideas, otherwise this entire trip will be one big matchmaking thing." Knowing my mother she was probably plotting right now.

"No harm done. What's the worse she could do." Jali laughed.

"She once locked my cousin in a room with a potential match for a week, with magic so they couldn't possibly escape." I deadpanned.

"Wouldn't be the worst thing." He shrugged. "Now where's your room and the library?"

Without much more arguing I led them to my room, pushing open the large doors revealing the massive room to them. I didn't realize how much I missed my own space until I was back in it. The large open room with the extravagant view and spacious layout relaxed me almost instantly. 

"Where can I put this?" Malin broke my trance.

"Oh, just go through that door and in the next room is the closet."

"This room is huge." Jali commented as he dropped his body down onto my bed. "And this bed is the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on."

"Specially crafted by two gods of sleep. If you can't fall asleep on it you must be cursed." I laughed.

"I believe that completely. I could go to sleep right now." He yawned.

"Yeah, if you stay there long enough you definitely will. I advise you not to close your eyes." 

Immediately he jumped up, sitting on the edge of the bed blinking his eyes rapidly to wake up. Malin came back out of the closet and plopped down next to Jali on the bed.